Desperately need help. Emergency!!!!!!

cripemaster

ok today i was driving my car and my rpms were at a steady 2500 or so when all of a sudden the car bogged down to about 1500 rpms for no reason, but quickly returned to 2500 rpms. concerned as i was approaching a stop light i put the car in neutral and tried listening to the engine. I revved the car up to about 3000 rpms and then the car completely died. I immediately turned the car back on but only stayed on for about 2 seconds before it died again and i couldn't get it to turn back on. With every attempt at turning the key the car would turn over but not turn on. My friend came and jumped me and the car made it back home with no issues whatsoever. Many people said to test the alternator and what not turn everything on as in ac radio headlights etc. and if the car were to die than it was the alternator, but in trying this experiment the car stayed running for over an hour of stop and go and idliing with absolutely no issues. This is my only car and I am majorly concerned.
heres some info that may help with anyone wanting to help me.
my car is stick and clutch works fine
i recently for the first time filled my tank with premium shell v-power and was curious if this could have had anything to do with the engine dying on account of the v-power is supposed to clean engine gunk so i figured maybe some engine gunk got loose and the some how affected the situation
and please don't burn me but i'm going one about 6000 miles without an oil change.
I know this is long but please any insight would be amazing. thanks for reading I greatly appreciate it.

cripemaster

thanks guys cause i am beyond confused as to what to do. not gonna lie though, where would i find my grounds:smackself? sorry but i'm a noob. haha:smackself

Last edited:

wite2nr

thanks guys cause i am beyond confused as to what to do. not gonna lie though, where would i find my grounds:smackself? sorry but i'm a noob. haha:smackself
grounds would be any wire that conects to the chassis. there is one running from the frame rail to the tranny, one on the thermostat housing, and one on the valve cover. I cant remember where else... but also did the car ever overheat? and do an oil change asap

cripemaster

grounds would be any wire that conects to the chassis. there is one running from the frame rail to the tranny, one on the thermostat housing, and one on the valve cover. I cant remember where else... but also did the car ever overheat? and do an oil change asap
no my car didn't overheat. someone else asked me that too but my car has never even been up to the halfway point on the temp gauge. and yeah i know i think i'm doing the oil change tomorrow morning. i'm embarassed to even say my car has gone this long without one.

cripemaster

the check engine light only came on when the car died the first and second time but other than that no it doesn't come on.

DONT MESS WITH YOUR GROUNDS. get a tint, its just as usefull.
what do you mean? like a window tint?:???: