Suspension ? 89 Integra RS

JakeSains

First of off let me say how happy I am of finding this awesome forum. I just joined up this morning. Talk about a wealth of knowledge.

Anyway I own a 89 Acura Integra RS. I have been wanting to lower it for awhile now. Since reading many posts here this morning, I am going to purchase a set of rear springs with a 1.5" drop and adjust my torsion bars.

I have some questions? After I adjust the height of my front torsion bars does the front need to be realigned? Also what do you recommend for the brand of the rear springs? Where is the best place to buy these parts?

Thanks! Great site guys!!

JakeSains

graveyardhippie

it's been over a year since i had my 89, but if my memory serves me, (and double check on the shop manual i have posted, it tells in detail how to align it) when you lower the front it's gonna lean in regardless of what you do. but you can get it aligned so it doesn't snow plow.
i hear ground control springs for the rear are supposed to be your best bet, but i myself went the cheap way, i did a write up on grinding the key off and just turning your torsion bar further then i used the coils from coil overs off a 93 civic in the back and it was pretty level that way and if you only went down 1 notch ( i raised it back up a little right before i sold it) it rides pretty close to stock.
as for where to buy, i don't remember anymore. google works, and g1teg.org has some pretty smart guys on there. but if you go there, don't forget about us!

vtec8u27

First of off let me say how happy I am of finding this awesome forum. I just joined up this morning. Talk about a wealth of knowledge.

Anyway I own a 89 Acura Integra RS. I have been wanting to lower it for awhile now. Since reading many posts here this morning, I am going to purchase a set of rear springs with a 1.5" drop and adjust my torsion bars.

I have some questions? After I adjust the height of my front torsion bars does the front need to be realigned? Also what do you recommend for the brand of the rear springs? Where is the best place to buy these parts?

Thanks! Great site guys!!

JakeSains
I have Intrax springs for the rear, and Tokico Blue shocks front and rear if you are interested. check my thread and hit me up if you are interested.

Also, anytime the suspension is altered, changed, played with, etc. it is always a good idea to get an alignment, or do the poor mans alignment if you don't want to fork over the money for a computer aided alignment.

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=44980