Megan headers

cripemaster

anyone know how good megan racing headers are? i'm just skeptical cause dc sports headers are like 300 but then megan ones are only like 125. just curious if anyone knows how good they are. i know a few people that swear by the megan racing name.

DA9boy

go with wat you can afford, the only thing you are paying for is the name so its up to you.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
go with wat you can afford, the only thing you are paying for is the name so its up to you.
This statement is so not true, on so many levels; in the car world, you get what you pay for.

Megan makes shit products. I destroyed their control arms with one track day. I've had a friend who broke one of their test pipes in 1 week of street driving. I've heard multiple stories of the headers cracking after a month. I don't usually like to talk crap about brands, but I've had experience with Megan. Stay away from their products.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
:rolf::rolf:

theres a reason hytech is more expensive than megan racing by like i dont know 900 dollars. you get what you pay for. you want any good car part you have to shell out cash. theres a reason ebay products arent as good as name brand products

94dc4

My name matches again lol
So would y'all say Megan headers are on the same level as those $30 no-name eBay ones? Damn, I really thought about getting some.

I think I read DC wasn't so great either, but maybe that's just their ceramic ones.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Most Megan racing products are crap. Ive experienced there Full coilovers and they have handled abuse big time...and i live in NE. Potholes everywhere and salt and snow in winter.Theyve also done well in the track. But ive heard bad things about there header.Tend to crack easily and somewhere i read the someone actually lost power using them. There lca's are a hit and miss but if you got the cash get a higher end brand.

cripemaster

thanks guys. i just wanted to double check cause i konw people who have megan stuff but they swear by it and they're running evo's and stuff. no joke. thanks again guys.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Most Megan racing products are crap. Ive experienced there Full coilovers and they have handled abuse big time...and i live in NE. Potholes everywhere and salt and snow in winter.Theyve also done well in the track. But ive heard bad things about there header.Tend to crack easily and somewhere i read the someone actually lost power using them. There lca's are a hit and miss but if you got the cash get a higher end brand.
I've heard some good reviews about their coilovers, but nothing extraordinary. Everything else is pretty much a POS.

thanks guys. i just wanted to double check cause i konw people who have megan stuff but they swear by it and they're running evo's and stuff. no joke. thanks again guys.
That's because they're cheap.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I've had my DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 1-piece header for more than 2 years and haven't had any problems so far.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
honestly, I have a megan header on my 97. I got it in a trade and needed something to get rid of my cracked OEM manifold. Its not that bad, Ive had it on for a little over 11k and I dont have any issues with it. It fit really well. Its not the greatest thing out there, so If i get a yr or so out of it, im happy.

mirrorimg

its just a hairline, 1/4" to 1/2" long. I havent noticed it expand yet, if it does get bigger I'll have to look into getting a new header, or get the spot welded