DA9 Troubles

xOriginalNinjax

So, I've had the DA for about 3-4 months now, and it's been a "if it's not one thing, it's another" trip so far.
I bought it for $350 and my nearly dead 95 DX (which is apparently being turned into a roundy-round car...)
When I bought it, I had to change out the windshield and water pump, as well as re-seal the head. No biggie.
The car is now throwing Code 4, and I haven't been able to diagnose why.
I was told when I bought it that it had new pads and rotors...well, at the worst of worse times (I was flat broke for 2 weeks) I had a pad go out and start grinding through my rotor...then busted the caliper. So I changed the caliper, both front rotors and all pads.
Then, I let my gf drive it to work one day, and the caliper bolt on the OTHER side came off, so that caliper was flopping around. Couldn't find a caliper bolt, so we fabbed one up to hold it till I can.
Found out my drivers side axle is going out.
My transmission is starting to give me issues.
I need an alignment, and could use 3 new tires.
Springs/Struts need replaced.

So I'm stuck. Do I save up for a DC2, and go that route? Or do I stick it out with the DA9, buy a full GSR swap, change out the motor, tranny, axles, everything in the engine bay, swap the suspension out, get new wheels and tires, get it aligned, and then painted and have a fresh DA9, or do I say screw it, and get a newer car with less problems.

Sucks cuz the DA9 probably has the best feel of any car I've driven.

DA9boy

i'd say you keep it and you will have more love and respect for your car and memorbelia and bye the time so save up for a dc2 u could have finish fixing the da9, because i had the same problem and i just stuck it out and now i have everything working besides the engine i have to buy a timing belt and a passenger tie rod end and then its ready for the road.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
i would keep the da. whats to say you dont get a dc that has just as many problems. I know I keep having to dump more money into my da, but in the end its worth it.

xOriginalNinjax

i would keep the da. whats to say you dont get a dc that has just as many problems. I know I keep having to dump more money into my da, but in the end its worth it.
This is what I'm thinking. But after a 3k full engine bay swap and suspension mods, it's a tough decision.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It's up to you. We all go through tough times with our cars. There were times where I felt like giving up and leaving the game behind. But at the end of the day, I can't help but look at my DB8 and say, " I love my Honda."

xOriginalNinjax

It's up to you. We all go through tough times with our cars. There were times where I felt like giving up and leaving the game behind. But at the end of the day, I can't help but look at my DB8 and say, " I love my Honda."
<- this is what keeps me going every time something goes wrong with it. That's how it was with the DX, and that's how it is with the DA9. Even WITH all the problems I've been having, my girlfriend wants me to find her a DC2, because she's driven the DA9, and it's the sportiest, nicest thing she's driven. I really think I'm going to bite the bullet and swap everything, but it's gonna be tough, especially since I'm going to have to swap from an auto to a manual. I think it'll be worth it at the end of the day.

Andrew93

Currently Building
In the long run its cheaper to have a better car if you build it all up, not to mention it gives you perfect opportunities to fix everything. i had the same decision to make, my parents offered to cover half of a car if i was paying cash or finance 2/3rds for a car with a loan....i told them about the da and they said they didnt want any part of it because i bought it with a blown engine.... so i could of had alot more financing for a nice newer car but i decided to tough it out and completly re-do it. got it all gutted and repainted this weekend still waiting on my b18 to come in so i can put her in. but when its got nothing in it you can do everything you want to it.

xOriginalNinjax

So, I think the dizzy is starting to go out, causing Code 4. I started it up after work yesterday and this morning, and until it warms up, it feels like the timing is off. Yay.

On a plus side, my girlfriend fell in love with the DC4 last night. I took her to a used car lot I knew there were 3 at, and she absolutely loved the way they looked and felt. Another Integra convert. Too bad the car lot didn't do financing, otherwise I would have a 99 DC4 sitting in my driveway now too. Hehe.