what to do with a B20 on a $3,000 budget??

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
boost it low and u can make 260 or more i know a friend who did a 300whp all stock internal ls and the b20 is just a b18 with a 84mm bore

g3teg97

Super Moderator
^ and we'll see how long that last. Sorry, but if I'm spending over 3k on a motor, I'd rather not play russian roulette.

Why is this even debated? The B20 is known for its weak cylinder walls. Let's just add more compression to a stock weak block. Hey, why not throw a 3k turbo kit on it and turn up the PSI cuz that would be cool. Have fun with that blown motor.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
we boosted an all stock ls to 9 psi and it never blew we didnt push it too hard in my guys car but it was eatin people up and it was tuned by king motorsports here in wisconsin 292 whp

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
^ and we'll see how long that last. Sorry, but if I'm spending over 3k on a motor, I'd rather not play russian roulette.

Why is this even debated? The B20 is known for its weak cylinder walls. Let's just add more compression to a stock weak block. Hey, why not throw a 3k turbo kit on it and turn up the PSI cuz that would be cool. Have fun with that blown motor.
x2 B20s are notorious for weak cylinder walls. i say B20 vtec but if our rev happy its not gonna last long since that motor is built to rev aound 7000 rpm.