Tranny for Turbo!?!?!?!?!?

cripemaster

ok. my integra gs has the b18a1 and i was wondering if i could use the trans from a dc2 gsr with the b18a1. I know i'd have to do the cable to hydraulic conversion, but would it just pretty much bolt right up? and the reason for asking is because I wanna buy a turbo kit for the b18a1 cause it's only like 800 bucks and i would really like to have an lsd in my trans when i'm boosting but i don't wanna spend all that money on a lsd for the b18a1 trans cuase later on down the road if let's say i blew my engine i'd be able to just get the gsr motor and bolt it up to the lsd gsr trans. see what i mean? sorry it's kinda hard to explain my theory but hopefully someone can make sense of what i'm trying to say. thanks. any help would be awesome.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
First things first, USDM GSR's don't have an LSD. The Type R is the only USDM G3 Integra transmission with an LSD. There is also a select few B16 trannies that were equipped with an LSD as well as some SIR-G's

Last edited:

cripemaster

i know but i meant as in i would rather invest in buying an lsd to put into a gsr trans rather than purchasing one to put into a b18a1 cable trans. know what i mean now?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You can convert to a hydro tranny. I know Hasport sells a kit to do it.

cripemaster

no i know but isn't a gsr trans better than the stock b18a1 trans as in the size of the gears and stuff and can a gsr trans bolt up to my b18a1?

Andrew93

Currently Building
wants to know if its the best upgrade from the b18a1 piece for cheap, that will fit and can later be transferred to a gsr engine if his b18a1 was to die

jdmmike91

gsr tranny has a little bit better acceleration but not much....i have the ys1 gsr cable tranny and my buddy has stock b18a1 tranny and i have to shift befor him when we race...are engines pretty much have the same mods.....and mine has LSD by the way...came out of a 96 gsr

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
gsr tranny has a little bit better acceleration but not much....i have the ys1 gsr cable tranny and my buddy has stock b18a1 tranny and i have to shift befor him when we race...are engines pretty much have the same mods.....and mine has LSD by the way...came out of a 96 gsr
There are so many things wrong with this post lol

- YS1 does not come stock in a GSR
- 96 GSR is not a cable transmission
- USDM GSR does not come with an LSD

But anyway, yes, the GSR has shorter 3rd, 4th and 5th gear as well as the final drive.

wite2nr

yes it will bolt up, yes you need the cable to hydro kit, and yes it is a better tranny and you should do it.

cripemaster

wite2nr thank you for being the first person to actually answer the question without getting into the little senseless bullshit like a lot of other people. thats all i needed to know. i appreciate it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Still, nobody has told you the truth. In reality it is a horrible mod before turbo'ing your car. If you plan on turbo'ing your car, you should take the money you would spend on a GSR tranny and an LSD, do a some research and buy something a little better than some POS $800 EBAY turbokit.

A quality turbokit will be much more beneficial than any tranny

Besides the fact that all you asked is "Will it bolt right up?", which was answered several times.

Last edited:

cripemaster

Besides the fact that all you asked is "Will it bolt right up?", which was answered several times.
go reread each and every response that everyone left not one damn person answered my question other than wite2nr.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The answers were there, you just didn't notice I suppose.

would it just pretty much bolt right up?
You can convert to a hydro tranny. I know Hasport sells a kit to do it.
This answer means all you need to do is convert it to hydro. If it meant that the bell housings were different and it didn't bolt together, then the post would say "no it doesn't bolt together" or it would say "you need an adapter plate". Simple as that. All I did was tell you what you need to make it work.
no i know but isn't a gsr trans better than the stock b18a1 trans as in the size of the gears and stuff and can a gsr trans bolt up to my b18a1?
"Better" is a highly subjective term. It's more personal preference than anything. Shorter gears will allow it rev a little quicker at the expense of traction, top speed and highway fuel economy. Which one is better is for you is your own personal preference.