Remove the muffler?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay heres the deal.. I am not sure what this cars gonna sound like without the muffler so anyone got any ideas? the cat stopped doing that vibrating thing but the MUFFLER is god awefully loud

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
damn I have no job so I don't have much to give lol this sucks.. laid off SUCKS THIS ECONOMY SIUCKS =(

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
if I had one to give I would. You will find a way.

wite2nr

stock cat and midpipe with no axleback sounds way better than a fartcan. its really not that loud. the cat and resonator in the midpipe quiet things down significantly. it only takes a couple mins to take off the axleback. if you like how it sounds, leave it off. if not, put it back on.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I kinda just wanna rip it off to see what it sounds like cuz if u heard it you'd be like Wtf when I accelerate when it gets to 2k rpm im guessing cuz I have no tach.. it makes a really obnoxious sound like as if theres soemthing broken inside the muffler and air is pushing something up and down real fast in it
plus when I hit it its really loud inside. things are moving inside lol its rotted

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
yo if I had the money I would just replace it myself... I don't have it... I am a mechanic I could just buy the stupid exhaust and slap it on... but I can't ... internet poker lol I dun think I'd have good luck

94dc4

My name matches again lol
My friend D-Mart rides around without a muffler, and you can hear his DA from a few blocks away and while talking to him on the phone lol but inside the car it isn't too bad.

Driving around with no muffler is illegal, but idk how often cops write tickets for it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I took just the muffler off my teg when I had it in the driveway and it actually wasnt loud at all