Ebay brake rotors

hondaproof

hondaproof
its come time to upgrade my rotors,and im hoppin around ebay lookin for brembos.i see alot of theses slotted/drilled rotors for like 180 with ceramic pads.these rotors look like drilled/slotted oe parts.im curious,has anyone ever tried these things.maybe drilled oe rotors at home? comments....

Sammich

lol @ drilling at home...go drill for your own oil too home slice lol.

naw but i bought a pair for the rear of my maxima, because i know its not where alot of the braking power is coming from so i dont have to worry about them cracking, but when i upgrade the front i'm getting the real brembo slotted(maybe dimpled) paired with ceramics

hondaproof

hondaproof
are you fuckin kidding me.i wasnt talking about drilling oe rotors myself,but if i wanted to,yea...i could.i actually know what im doing.do i have the resources to do it correctly...yes i do.im i a noob thinking a drilled oe rotor is fly...no,i dont.the ebay rotors look like home drilled oe parts.i was looking for opinions and testimonials from who ever ad them.brembo blanks are oe replacements,same as factory.true story.and drill my own oil?...from drilling rotors to drilling oil?you dudes stop at the bolt ons and the bondo?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
get some brembo blanks. end of story
What's the difference between brembo blanks and a good OE blank replacement?.... cause a blank is a blank if you ask me, as long as you're not buying the cheapest of cheap.

ACDELCO actually has a warrenty of some sort where if their rotor has anything wrong with them, you're supposed to return them for a replacement and they'll give you new ones (within a specific mileage of course) because there isn't supposed to be anything wrong with them right from the factory.

What makes a brembo blank so much better then a ACDELCO blank? Just the name? because there's nothing about the Brembo's that will cool better/faster then a OEM disk... they're the same size and thickness as far as I know... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sammich

What's the difference between brembo blanks and a good OE blank replacement?.... cause a blank is a blank if you ask me, as long as you're not buying the cheapest of cheap.

ACDELCO actually has a warrenty of some sort where if their rotor has anything wrong with them, you're supposed to return them for a replacement and they'll give you new ones (within a specific mileage of course) because there isn't supposed to be anything wrong with them right from the factory.

What makes a brembo blank so much better then a ACDELCO blank? Just the name? because there's nothing about the Brembo's that will cool better/faster then a OEM disk... they're the same size and thickness as far as I know... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
i need to find the thread on that forum, but we had a discussion on rotors..that basically there are only like two different kinds of rotors actually..just different names on them..with that said..if i were to get blanks..just go to the parts store..you'll be fine.

as far as drilled...just buy them drilled, dont do it yourself. just my opinion and outlook on it..

ive been told also that ebay drilled rotors are actual blanks that have been drilled later on down the road challenging the integrity of the rotors...which is why i'm putting my $60 drilled rotors out back to see if they at least last on the rear

Last edited:

hondaproof

hondaproof
drilling oe rotors yourself only holds "show" value.they wont work any better because of the material.most drilling aftermarket rotors are made with materials the dispence heat far better then the oe parts.the heat on aftermarket rotors leaves faster threw these holes instead of radiating out of the edge,which takes longer.

Sammich

main reason for drilled and slotted were initally made to release gases that old pads made. but now the pads they make no longer emit those gases so in essence drilled and slotted, as u mentioned, are just eye candy. i could go w/ blanks, but i want some eye candy on the max..but they will be used as teh max will be used in track and auto-x. so its not COMPLETELY looks, it will provide slightly better braking as it grabs my pads

tilegend

did i make claims 1 brand was better than another? did i say acdelco brand sucks? did i say autozone brand sucks?

i used brembo blanks which is why i recommended them. plus they're cheap.

and OP stated he was looking at the brembo rotors in the first place.

Last edited: