CX Racing Radiator good buy?

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
from the looks of it, they look exactly the same. many people have also said that your radiators are the same as the cxracing radiators.

even the nameplate on the side of the radiators look exactly the same and in the same spot, of course yours say mishimoto and cxracing says theirs.

but from the welds and everything else. they look exactly the same.

maybe they are different, do you have something that you can show me that they are different?

also i find that even cheap radiators last longer than 1 year.
Looks can be deceiving, we are NOT the same. With a brand like Mishimoto, you have a company that will stand behind their products. Besides our one year warranty with accident protection, numerous professional race drivers use our product. If our competitor had a comparable product, why wouldn’t the professional drivers run their product? You get what you pay for.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
You get what you pay for.
x2. When I bought my CX Racing radiator, I was looking for something as cheap replacement, to fix my radiator leak. If I wanted to be serious about it, i would've bought a nicer one. The CX Racing radiator is nice, for the money. It still has plenty of room to be improved. Hence why there's companies like Mishimoto, or Koyo, etc. that make great products.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
got her installed today and she runs cold again. you should have seen what the prev owner had in there. it came out like dirty bath water. absolutely no green to be seen anywhere. It went in so easy too. A lot easier than the oem one came out. Wiring was a breeze and it took about 2 hours total (I replaced my positive terminal as well.) I recommend them. I don't plan on racing so it was a good buy for me.

tilegend

x2. When I bought my CX Racing radiator, I was looking for something as cheap replacement, to fix my radiator leak. If I wanted to be serious about it, i would've bought a nicer one. The CX Racing radiator is nice, for the money. It still has plenty of room to be improved. Hence why there's companies like Mishimoto, or Koyo, etc. that make great products.
is a mishimoto worth almost twice the price of a cxracing radiator though?

imo no. and until mishimoto actually backs up their claims i'll stick with whatever works.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
is a mishimoto worth almost twice the price of a cxracing radiator though?

imo no. and until mishimoto actually backs up their claims i'll stick with whatever works.
What claims are you looking for us to back up, exactly?

If a competitors radiator that may be cheaper than ours breaks or leaks, will they send you a new one? Will they replace your radiator if you get into an accident?

Last edited:

tilegend

the claim im looking for you to back up is the claim that your radiators are not the same as cxracing. because they claim that theirs are exactly the same as yours.

you warranty is good i'll give you that. but like i said. i find that most radiators last longer than a year. but anything can happen and its nice that you offer replacements even in the event of accidents.

only reason why i chose a different radiator is because yours use to be cheaper also. until the price jump.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I agree, With the current situiation with the economy and all prices rising with no compensation to make up for the difference and change it is hard to go with parts that are more expensive that may do the same job as a cheaper part. Profit is number one if you do not want to go out of business but the people that lowered their prices are now making the profit.

As an example I would not buy a name brand shift knob for $200.00 if I could get one just the same that is generic for $30.00. Warranties have always been a selling point but with all due respect if I buy an item and it has a manufacture defect within the time frame that it is suppose to last I will not take a replacement part as I would now feel they are unreliable. That is just me though.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
the claim im looking for you to back up is the claim that your radiators are not the same as cxracing. because they claim that theirs are exactly the same as yours.

you warranty is good i'll give you that. but like i said. i find that most radiators last longer than a year. but anything can happen and its nice that you offer replacements even in the event of accidents.

only reason why i chose a different radiator is because yours use to be cheaper also. until the price jump.
There is absolutely zero connection between the Mishimoto brand and that "brand", nor any other brands for that matter. I apologize that you were misinformed.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
As an example I would not buy a name brand shift knob for $200.00 if I could get one just the same that is generic for $30.00.
Well it depends on what part you are buying. Woulld you buy generic eBay replica camshafts? Or eBay "forged" pistons? I sure as hell wouldn't. For less important stuff, I think it's okay to get a lower-quality product than the real deal.

If I wasn't in such a crunch to get my radiator fixed, I probably would have bought a real nice name brand one.

tilegend

There is absolutely zero connection between the Mishimoto brand and that "brand", nor any other brands for that matter. I apologize that you were misinformed.
then re-inform me please... lol. like i said... i'll believe it when i see it. (the proof)

so far all it has been is claims. unverified at that too.
if your product is so radically different, please also offer me some tests comparing the two and showing how yours is better.

Last edited:

tilegend

Well it depends on what part you are buying. Woulld you buy generic eBay replica camshafts? Or eBay "forged" pistons? I sure as hell wouldn't. For less important stuff, I think it's okay to get a lower-quality product than the real deal.

If I wasn't in such a crunch to get my radiator fixed, I probably would have bought a real nice name brand one.
we're not talking about replicas or copies or anything.
its when a product is manufactured in the same taiwanese plant that is subcontracted through 2 different companies and it ends up being just a name on a product which is identical in all aspects.

such as ksports and D2 which are the same.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
we're not talking about replicas or copies or anything.
its when a product is manufactured in the same taiwanese plant that is subcontracted through 2 different companies and it ends up being just a name on a product which is identical in all aspects.

such as ksports and D2 which are the same.
The exact point I was trying to make. thank you.