looking for a decent carpet cleaner

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
My base carpet in the car is the only thing thats bad, but its pretty dirty. What should I buy to clean it up? I was thinking about buying a steam cleaner. Any Suggestions?

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
how dirty is it?

when my little sister got her accord a few years back, the carpets and seats were pretty gross. we used oxi-clean and it worked like a charm.

mirrorimg

spot shot works incredible,wally mart.
Maybe for small areas, but I cant see that working on the entire carpet. And if all of it is dirty, if he does the really dirty areas, then hes got one super clean area, which stands out against the rest of the carpet.

I had taken my carpet out when I was going to dye it (which is probably way more involved than you want to get). I took a spray bottle and some Woolite laundry detergent (1detergent : 4water), and misted it onto the carpet. Took a scrubbing brush and went to town. Used a shopvac to vacuum the dirtyness that was loosened by the scrubbing, then did it again.

It cleaned up well, but the PO had used some spray on dye to cover up all the stains on the carpet. I had to remove the spray-on crap before I put it in a bath of Rit dye. Now its stainfree, and Black!

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
its pretty bad... I will try some of those... I tried blue coral carpet cleaner and it didn't do anything lo

mirrorimg

If you have access to a steam cleaner, you should probably use that. There are things you can spray down to loosen the crap in the soiled areas so they lift off easier with a steam cleaner.