need some help, kinda confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaestre32

i looked up that timing belt-equipped car engines can be classified as either free-running or interference, free running is when your valves and pistons are not affected when your timing belt snaps, and interference is when your valves and pistons almost always get affected..my question is what type is a b18? specifically the b18 ls, any help would be greatly appricated! thanks guys in advaced:???::)

amaestre32

ok thanks i was looking on other integra sites and google but nothing really showed up, i saw that they had free-running valve springs on one site.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What's a free running valve spring?

amaestre32

thats what i mean i never heard of that either so i came to you guys to help..im tryin to find the site where i saw it..

Gamerkiller3000

The One and Only!
Well actually the B18 is a non interference motor! But more than the likely if your timing belt snaps going 65 yeah the pistons will interfere with the valves. So i guess you can say it is both haha

Gamerkiller3000

The One and Only!
Also about the valve spring, that is just a name someone put, your pistons have nothing to do with the interference of the motor... I mean once your belt snaps it snaps!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If the valves can touch the pistons, then the valves can touch the pistons. It doesn't matter how fast the car is going.

Gamerkiller3000

The One and Only!
If the valves can touch the pistons, then the valves can touch the pistons. It doesn't matter how fast the car is going.
Well actually yes it does, Cause on the A-Series motors they are made to be non interference motors, which mean they shouldnt at all hit! But it is really only good for at idle running belt snaps, or going around 25 or so, but going at 65, at around 3k RPM then you are mor likely for things to happen, cause i know from experience! haha:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.