Should I turbo my car with 160,000 miles

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
it really depends on how well the vehicle was maintained... There was a guy with an integra supercharged and 370,xxx miles on the motor.... I've seen shit ass motors with 180,000 miles on them tho.

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
i personally wouldnt even turbo a brand new motor, its not built for it. if you wanna turbo your motor i would completly rebuild it with parts that are made for and built to handle it. IMHO

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I agree with Kutch. It depends on the condition of your motor.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
run a compression test on it and go from there...

i personally wouldnt even turbo a brand new motor, its not built for it. if you wanna turbo your motor i would completly rebuild it with parts that are made for and built to handle it. IMHO
you could easily run 10 psi on a stock motor if it's in good condition... of course that's also without constant abuse too. Once you put positive pressure into anything tho it definatly adds to the wear and tear of your motor tho.

MasterC103

im in the same boat as this guy (not to thread jack) ... but if compression and leakdown test results are good... would it be okay to jump right into boosting it (within reason)? What might be necessary to replace (aside from pumps n all that jazz) ... head studs?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
if you're going internal, head studs, rod bolts, rods would be the basic... you probably wouldnt have to do the lower end if you're not going ubber boost.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
I agree. Why do it half way and have to finish the job later when the engine fails possible causing damage to the turbo and components?

Firefoxz

Sounds expensive, but if you're going to turbo, might as well rebuild it so it's worth the money.