need help please, tire wear problem

teggy92

Hello everyone, my name Eddie. OK let's get to the issue. Let me start by telling you guys about my car, it is a 92 integra LS that I bought the way it is. It came lowered, now the problem is in the front end . My tires wear really fast, like I bought two tires on Feb 17 and now they are wearing on the inside bad. This happened already on two different tires, someone told me to change the ball joints did that and nothing. I really don't have a clue what could cause the tires to wear only on the inside on both sides, well thanks ahead people.

Last edited by a moderator:

dc2b18

Wait... What?
when is the last time they were rotated and balanced? Have you had an alignment done?

teggy92

They were just rotated and balance 2 weeks ago and I did get a alignment. That the problem I'm having thanks for your reply

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Bad tie rod ends would cause that problem too, but if you already had an alignment done, then the tie rod ends must be fine because it's impossible to align the front end if they are bad.

pepsilude

Whoever aligned your car, did they tell if you had any worn suspension or steering parts. Its still possible to align a car with worn parts, you just wont get a proper reading.

mirrorimg

I see humor in that also :) You can get an alignment with worn parts, but your car still wont be aligned.

The thing is, if the people at the shop dont realize the slack in toe in they will set it to what they see is the correct spot, and when it gets moved, it will throw it off.
To the OP, jack up the front of you car and see if theres any slop in the wheel. Grab it at 9:00 and 3:00 and push one side while pulling the other/vice versa, to see if theres and movement in the toe.

pepsilude

^^^
haha i should rephrase that, you can PAY for an alignment and but still not have a proper alignment

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
^^^
haha i should rephrase that, you can PAY for an alignment and but still not have a proper alignment
did you get a printout of the b4 and after specs. a lowered car is a challenge to align and creates camber issues. if everythings in spec i dont know what it could be.

robert478

Yeah my friend had the same exact problem and he got a camber kit and now the wear the way they are supposed to.