Dist. Timing

johnownsall2

Ok well im back on my integra i dont know what im doing with it yet i was trying to sell but no one seems to be intrested so i might just keep it and work on it over the summer. And learn off the car i have another car i drive so i dont really care about this one. Ok well a while ago i turned off the distributor and now i wanna get it back in and start this bad boy up again lol. I keep reading on how to do it with the timing light but i do not understand you point it at the timing belt and u see dots or someshit lol and then u turn the distributar to ur specification idk thats what i been reading and its not making any sense. I see theres like 16 17 and 18 dont no what that means. How easy is this? and how much is it for the light? Thanks guyss

Spody02

Name: Cody
are you just trying to put the dizzy back in? if so, just put it in, dont tight down the 3 bolts and start the car up, and move it back and forth til you have a good idle

johnownsall2

Oh and when i tryed starting the car i think it is because the timing isnt right at all But it wouldnt even start up at all it just turns over but dont sound like it i dont no how to explain it.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
did it quit running after u moved the dist? i dont think it can move far enough to keep it from running

johnownsall2

yea it used to start up now it just doesnt start ill take a video later so you can see what i mean but is the timing off that bad that it wont start but to tell you the truth i dont no if the dist is in all the way when the dist is not in correctly or in at all what does it sound like?

92slpr

Your timing belt might be stratched. Mine used to almost die if i moved it too far and it wouldnt start if it was too far off. This is just what someone told me before i change my timing belt, bearings, and rings. Good luck man.

johnownsall2

All i did was take the distributar tjhen took off valve cover and then i tryed putting it back in but it wouldnt so i spinned the distributar a few times thats all i did i didnt touch anything else but that.

patrick4588

Integra God
you might be tryin to put the dizzy on 180 degrees out. on the side of the dizzy that goes into the intake cam, that little rotor thing has to be on the right way. try turning it 1/2 way and see if it goes on tbetter then.

johnownsall2

Yea i got it in good now but it still does the same thing sometimes the idle jumps up but does nothing what can it be is it the distribtar? i ahvent started it in about a month.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Yea i got it in good now but it still does the same thing sometimes the idle jumps up but does nothing what can it be is it the distribtar? i ahvent started it in about a month.
This is a little difficult to understand.... If it's idling high or low, you could have a vacuum leak too....