Radio harness wire colors

johnownsall2

Hey i usually get answers on this thread so ima delete my other post. But i wanna put my integra deck into my 1999 mirage. I was told just to cut the harness from integra and put it into mirage but what wires go to what?

Bee18BeeJDM

just match the colors. red is power black is ground and yellow is amps. then match the colors for the speakers. If there are none then find out wich one is left and right front and rear and your done. Why would you wanna use that anyway?

tilegend

are you sure you want to cut off your stock harness on the integra?

and you cant always match up the wires color for color due to the stock harness being different colors than what aftermarket wire harnesses use.

metra makes an aftermarket harness that plugs into the OEM radio (meant for repairs of damaged stock harness)

http://retailer.installationexcellence.com/productfeatures.aspx?retailerid=1944&productid=1082&sid=2FFEA9A9-972E-4073-9460-8622E31F6107

and then you can get an aftermarket harness that plugs into the stock harness of your 99 Mirage... and wire up the two together.

Last edited:

johnownsall2

Well the integra im sellin so audio works just told me cut off the harness because that goes into the radio and then just put it in the mirage But yea the colors are no where near the same. so i dont really no at all which is right speaker and what not. And also if i take the speaker from my integra like the one on passenger door u think i can get it into the mirage? because its blown and i just wanna throw that one in there.

tilegend

Well the integra im sellin so audio works just told me cut off the harness because that goes into the radio and then just put it in the mirage But yea the colors are no where near the same. so i dont really no at all which is right speaker and what not. And also if i take the speaker from my integra like the one on passenger door u think i can get it into the mirage? because its blown and i just wanna throw that one in there.
well whoever you're selling it to, don't you think they're going to be pissed lol?

anyways here's the wire colors.

2000 Acura Integra Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Blue/White
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red

Ground Black
Illumination Red/Black

Antenna Left Rear

Left Front (+) Blue/Green
Left Front (-) Gray/Black
Right Front (+) Red/Green
Right Front (-) Brown/Black

Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Gray/White
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Brown/White

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Are you sure you can even get the Integra deck mounted in a Mirage dash? Even if the radio slot in the Mirage is the right size they probably have different mounting methods.
This seems like alot of work and hassle for a stock radio. Even the cheapest cheesiest Walmart deck would be better than a stock Teg deck, get a dash kit (if needed) and wire harness like (Walmart sells Scosche harnesses, btw) for a Mirage and it's an much easier install and you'll have a better radio.

johnownsall2

Loll wait when did I sAy it was a stock integr deck?? U must of missinderstood but it's an aftermarket Sony deck, and that wiring how llike I'm trying to figure out which colors to match from the cut teg harness to the mirage harness

tilegend

Loll wait when did I sAy it was a stock integr deck?? U must of missinderstood but it's an aftermarket Sony deck, and that wiring how llike I'm trying to figure out which colors to match from the cut teg harness to the mirage harness
are you serious lol? your first post stated you wanted to use your "integra" deck...lol

and shouldnt there be a harness from sony that goes into the aftermarket deck which should be spliced into another connector that plugs into your stock integra harness?

Bee18BeeJDM

i agree with ^^^
there should be a wiring harness to fit that car, i thought you were talking about a stock Integra deck. Sometimes the wires are marked so check that.

johnownsall2

Sorry for the missunderstanding lol but yea its an aftermarket deck from the integra tho like from the previous owner. And they did the ghetto way which ima do with the mirage is they cuz the harness and just used the deck's harness and spliced it together. So today i just cut off the harness that came with the deck and i found the wiring diagram for that but i cant find one for my car can you guys help me find it its a 1999 mitubishi mirage. ima just cut the harness in the mirage and just soder the harness from the sony into the harness its self.

tilegend

instead of doing the ghetto way again you could just buy a harness and save yourself the trouble.

http://retailer.installationexcellence.com/productfeatures.aspx?retailerid=1944&productid=1098&sid=6B9011FA-5B88-4B3C-89CA-9C1EA9F64D02&vehicleid=110895

they should have it at your local car stereo shop or even best buy or walmart may have it since its for dodge and chryslers too

anyways if you're dead set on doing it that way, i found one listed for a 97 but it should be the same thing as a 99

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Red/Black
Switched 12V+ Blue
Ground Chassis
Illumination Green/White
Dimmer Black/Yellow

Left Front (+) White/Blue
Left Front (-) Black/Blue
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Black/Red

Left Rear (+) Yellow/Blue
Left Rear (-) Gray/Blue
Right Rear (+) Yellow/Red
Right Rear (-) Gray/Red

tilegend

almost.... the harness connects to the stock mirage harness. the colors will match generally all aftermarket radio harnesses (alpine, pioneer, jvc etc) they're all color coded B18BJDM said.

what you do is you connect that to the sony harness and that connects to the radio, basically making an adapter.