lowering springs or coilovers

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I think to give you an accurate set of options, we need to know what kinds of driving you're going to be doing. Is this going to be your daily driver?

rgb17

go for coilovers, springs will just ruin your suspension.
correct me if i'm wrong but if you get the correct size, you wont ruin your suspension. There are so many different sizes, and i think that companies make sizes that fit correctly on stock struts so the right springs wouldnt ruin your setup.

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
correct me if i'm wrong but if you get the correct size, you wont ruin your suspension. There are so many different sizes, and i think that companies make sizes that fit correctly on stock struts so the right springs wouldnt ruin your setup.
I suppose. Your stuck shocks are not ment to handle aftermarket springs though.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you're lowered with only springs, the stock shocks will eventually blow.

rgb17

ok sorry then my bad. my advice based on that is to buy shocks. why buy springs that will ruin your suspension. just save if you want to lower

Dmitriy

how to install lowering springs?

hey can anyone help me out. Im trying to install some skunk2 lowering springs and i dont have a lot of experiance doing it.

DAjdmTEG92

I think if your gonna go with lowering springs most definately go with the H&R because its not a drastic drop, its reasonable and wont give issues bottoming out and what not and you would need to upgrade the shocks. if you want a step higher then that, be able to adjust your ride height accordingly but not spend as much money as full coil overs then get the Ground Control coil over sleeves and put them on some knoi yellow's or whatever perfomance shock you prefer. full coil overs in any car is sick but like stated above if your not racing or auto X then its not neccesary to spend all that money. hope I helped.

hondaproof

hondaproof
If your down with an aggressive set up and want to save some bills then the skunk2 struts and springs are good for the money. But there's nothing better then good coilovers. Anything that requires the height to be adjusted via spring is not going to make the ride smooth at all. The skunk2 pro s for example works like this. They will bounce your ride on a smooth road,to some noticable to some not. But d2 coilovers on the other hand like I have on my da are height adj. without tampering with the sring and they have dampening control which can dial in your ride quality to exactly where you want it. I got my d2's for 812 with fee shipping on ebay new and I highly recommend full coilovers

MasterC103

eh. i bought s techs for my dc5. wished ida just saved for some decent coilovers. you'll regret springs eventually because they will take a toll on your suspension if thats ALL you do. i had to experience it for myself to believe it. just get some coilovers... skunk2 pro s or tein basics or something.

onibakagaijin

I have a cat on my head!
Not the original poster but this caught my eye. Trying to decide what I should put on my 92 RS. Its my DD, and I do alot of driving (emt, theres a butt load of stations here that I can be set at and my counties huge). Also, I sometimes drive alittle hard because I go between driving the interstate and then stop and go city driving that requires me to push it alittle sometimes so I don't get squished my all the jerk-offs in SUV's that can't drive or see me barely hovering above ground level. And I would like to sometimes do autocross on weekends. I'm about to install an Suspension techniques master bushing set then some strut and sway bars. Hope this is enough to help set me on the right path for suspension and thanks for any help.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
coilovers is a much better idea in virtually every aspect except price. If you want to save some money then do some research and get springs and shocks together. If you want adjustable ride height and an all around better suspension for a bit more bank, get coilovers.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
If your down with an aggressive set up and want to save some bills then the skunk2 struts and springs are good for the money.
troof. i have skunk 2 struts with RS*R race springs and it rides awesome... not too stiff, but definitely noticeably stiffer on bumpy roads. and im also riding on shit Kuhmo all season tires that cost 30 bucks and i can still take turns way faster than before... body roll is almost nonexistent, with only this upgrade, no sway bar upgrade or any other body reinforcement. i highly recommend this setup to anyone on a budget that wants awesome results. i paid 415 total (springs and struts) for my setup from DB8JDM, here is a link clicky to the spring thread and you can pm him and ask if he has any left springs or struts left.

they go fast though so do it quickly.

and he is a link to my progress thread so you can see the drop. clicky
its about half way down the page