Which Short Shifter??

DAjdmTEG92

Im looking at putting a short shifter in my 92 LS and at first wanted the Skunk 2 single bend for $115 but on the same website Racinglab.com they have the B&M straight short shifter and the single bend as well, both for $54.95. my first question is what is everyone opinion on the B&M and which shifter is better the straight or single bend, whats the difference other than the obvious. lmk! thanks:)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I had the B&M short shifter. It is a great part and functions well, but the single bend shifters make it sit further forward than stock. It requires you to reach a little more for the shifter. While not a big issue, it takes some getting used having the shifter that far forward.

Considering that, if I could do it again, I would get a dual bend shifter

DAjdmTEG92

Thanks for the reply, my two option is single bend or just straight short shift with no bend, do you recommend that?

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Its not about recommendation its about preference! do you like to reach farther when you shift cause if so then no bend would be good but i would recommend the double bend by B&M its what i have and B&M is great btw! but thats my preference! and recommendation

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would go single bend, puts the shifter in a better location. I had a single bend short shifter, I took it out because I hated it. Stock with urethane bushings feels good to me.

bisacodyl

10th kyu ninja
so, go for the dual-bend? reason i'm asking is i almost dropped $238 on a skunk2 dual-bend and matching skunk2 gunmetal shift knob. should i be considering a bushing kit too at that point? (especially as my DA is pretty much bone stone w/ the notable exception of an SRI)

tilegend