1989 Integra......HELP?!?

IntegraGEN1

Hi everyone I'm new to the Acura scene and just got a 1989 Acura Integra.
I got it from a guy in Washington for my old turbo volvo that i was getting sick of fast.

Some things with this car are confusing me, I know quite alot for my age, but these things have me stumped :lol:

First, everything I know about the car, which isnt much :lol:

1989 Acura Integra RS
5-speed manual transmission
custom ram air intake
JDM motor with 40,000miles I think that its a D16A1-ZC? its quite fast and i dont think its the 118HP D16A1 browntop
D.I.Y short shifter

Problems:

1. While driving it shifts perfect and goes to the redline easy, but once in 5th gear if i push down on the gas any fast than a slug the clutch slips and te RPM's just fly up and theres no engaging taking place
2. The whole rear end shifts from side to side with a push and because of it, it shakes really bad at 75MPH
3. I honestly dont know what motor is in it, How can I find out?
4. Where can I find aftermarket parts for these? eBay is not coming up with much :lol:

So that's all I know, if pics of the motor can help i can get those up whenever they're needed.

Any help would be awsome

Last edited:

integraman123

well 1st off there is a black top d16a1....you should be able to see the engine code(d16a1 exc.) right below where the v-tec would go or like right beside the exaust manifold to the left....... oh and if you just type in 89 integra on ebay it comes up with a ton of mods like headers, throttle bodies, stage 1,2,3, clutches, intakes, and i think MSD has some stuff on there........so an and so on .............i used to have a 1st gen and loved it ...but i got all the parts for it off ebay

vtec8u27

Hi everyone I'm new to the Acura scene and just got a 1989 Acura Integra.
I got it from a guy in Washington for my old turbo volvo that i was getting sick of fast.

Some things with this car are confusing me, I know quite alot for my age, but these things have me stumped :lol:

First, everything I know about the car, which isnt much :lol:

1989 Acura Integra RS
5-speed manual transmission
custom ram air intake
JDM motor with 40,000miles I think that its a D16A1-ZC? its quite fast and i dont think its the 118HP D16A1 browntop
D.I.Y short shifter

Problems:

1. While driving it shifts perfect and goes to the redline easy, but once in 5th gear if i push down on the gas any fast than a slug the clutch slips and te RPM's just fly up and theres no engaging taking place
2. The whole rear end shifts from side to side with a push and because of it, it shakes really bad at 75MPH
3. I honestly dont know what motor is in it, How can I find out?
4. Where can I find aftermarket parts for these? eBay is not coming up with much :lol:

So that's all I know, if pics of the motor can help i can get those up whenever they're needed.

Any help would be awsome
Aftermarket wise, what are you looking for? I've got some rotors, pads, B-series swap parts and stuff for sale. check my FS thread and hit me up if you are interested. Also, like ^ said, the engine code is found just to the left of the exhaust manifold/headers. It's located on the block, punched into the metal.

mirrorimg

IntegraGEN1
Last Activity: 02-08-2009 04:45 PM

This is a pretty old thread, and the OP hasnt logged in for 9 months.