cheap power

Md426

Power steering and A/C delete, It won't be very noticeable but it will free up some power

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Power steering and A/C delete, It won't be very noticeable but it will free up some power
Free up power by taking out your interior!

Removing components does not INCREASE power, it DECREASES WEIGHT, your horsepower stays the same.

Unless you dive into your internals, your not going to make any "amazing power" besides the power "you feel" from doing small mods that yield minimal gains.

Md426

Removing components does not INCREASE power, it DECREASES WEIGHT, your horsepower stays the same.

Unless you dive into your internals, your not going to make any "amazing power" besides the power "you feel" from doing small mods that yield minimal gains.
Less drag on the engine will free up more power to the wheels.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Less drag on the engine will free up more power to the wheels.
Unless its a dedicated track car where you're trying to push every single last thousandth of a second out, removing the a/c is not going to do anything for you. People that remove the A/C are doing so for weight savings, not for power gains. You can simply just NOT TURN ON the A/C if you're worried about drag lol.

Quick6

Do a good oil change and tune up. That should help regain original power when done right. As far as mods go not a lot are cheap unless you price shop. Try CAI, replace motor mounts if worn.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Can anybody tell me a few cheap mods i can do? I already have intake and exhaust.
define cheap. If cheap means less than $500, than you could get something like upgraded camshafts. work on full bolt ons like a header (tri-y replica) maybe even ignition, and maybe later on an intake manifold...

Or you could hit up eBay for a $500 piece of crap turbo kit. It'll be fast as hell for a while, until the motor blows. But sure, it's cheap?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Since you already have an intake and exhaust, I'd recommend getting a header and a high-flow cat.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
nitrous...but you have to be careful and set it up right...stock motor with a good compression test can handle a 50 shot no problem

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
guys... taking out your power stearing and a/c won't drastically do anything for you.

Nitrous is your best bang for buck. "Cheap" isn't power.

92slpr

I want to find an Underdrive pulley that wont underdrive my alternator. It already has trouble keeping up w/ stereo when its in there basically when i know i wont be racing it. Would b18b cams do anything i can get them free from a friend?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
b18b cams wont do anything because b18b cams are small comared to gsr cams and if you have a gsr you wont be able to engage vtec with ls cams