96 Engine???

hamfacekilla

so i found this tag in my car that i pulled off this B18B engine and it has all the same info on the tag as on my block, and it says 1. 96 2. 96 3. 96 4. 96 as you can see in the picture, what i want to know is, is this the year of the motor?

the pics

hamfacekilla

lol this was the tag that was on my engine, i ordered the engine from tigerjapanese.com with 25,000 on it for like $700, if i give you some pics of the parts that came on the motor like the intake manifold can you tell me if their similar it yours? heres a link to some pics.

scroll down a little bit until you reach the pics of the intake manifold

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=32042

Last edited:

esco115

Fawk a Title!
you know u can tell the year from the head right?

esco115

Fawk a Title!
right above exhaust port #4 in a small cirlce looking shit... there should be 3 or 4 of those, its the first set... or take a pic of it and I'll tell u...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its a jdm 94 motor. should have the big H and the little squares on the head. JDM has no number after b18b thats why b18c is gsr and b18c spec R is type r

hamfacekilla

ok you guys are absolutely positive right? because im about to post a complete intake manifold, distributor IAC valve and some other stuff and im going to label them 94 and i dont want anyone wanting a refund cause its not the right year lol. by the way these parts only have 25,000 on them so if anyone is interested PM me. oh and does anyone know the specs for this engine?

esco115

Fawk a Title!
^^ I am certain it is... regardless whether its a 94 or a 96 or a 00 b18b... the only diff is obd1 vs obd2...