Hondata work in a '91?

se7en-mm

will hondata s300 work on a 91 rs? i was looking at the hondata website and it says 92-93? i figured it would works since a 91 is pretty close to a 92?

please let me know

thanks

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You'll need to switch to obd 1 for it to work, you'll need an obd1 ecu, distributor, maybe something else.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
you could just get a jumper harness from obd0 to obd1
You have to have the obd1 distributor for the ignition advance to work correctly with the hondata. Also, I suggest, if your going to have to buy a new o2 like Ominous said, just go and by a wideband bosch right away.

You have to have the obd1 distributor for the ignition advance to work correctly with the hondata. Also, I suggest, if your going to have to buy a new o2 like Ominous said, just go and by a wideband bosch right away.

I had to switch to obd1 injectors as well and make some sort of patch over to replace the resistor box. I dont know how to explain it really, Ricky did it.

tilegend

I had to switch to obd1 injectors as well and make some sort of patch over to replace the resistor box. I dont know how to explain it really, Ricky did it.
you COULD but you dont HAVE to...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Aussie has the right idea with the wideband, I'm waiting to get a wideband to do my conversion. Have everything else.

The injectors are optional, I would'nt change them

se7en-mm

bringing up and old subject here but i forgot i posted this thread lol

so all ill need is...

>wideband o2 sensor

>obd1 distributor - dont they make some sort of adapter for that? i just got a original distributor with 2 plug in on it. (maybe thats the jumper harness that was mentioned)

>as for obd1 ecu would that be 92-95? and is there any prefrences on which one i should get, i was just gona get a obd1 ecu that came from another b18a1 motor. keep in mind i dont and will not have vtec on my motor build. and i noticed there is some different kinds just looking on ebay. (pr4 or p75)?

>as for injectors i am going to be boosting so should ijust get obd1 bigger injetors? not to change topic but i am looking at 400-500 hp what size injector should i go with?

thanks everyone.

Last edited:
the most popular ECUs are the p28, p06, or p30. The p06 will have to be converted for Vtec, and all will have to be socketed.
As for your dizzy, I believe that there is a jumper harness, but they stopped making them for obd0 cars. Just follow the patch over chart that comes with your ECU jumper and solder the right wires together.
Base your injectors on the amount of air your turbo will be flowing, not the end result whp. And its always better to have a larger injector than you will use because youll always have that buffer. Better to have more than you need than not enough.

tilegend

bringing up and old subject here but i forgot i posted this thread lol

so all ill need is...

>wideband o2 sensor

>obd1 distributor - dont they make some sort of adapter for that? i just got a original distributor with 2 plug in on it. (maybe thats the jumper harness that was mentioned)

>as for obd1 ecu would that be 92-95? and is there any prefrences on which one i should get, i was just gona get a obd1 ecu that came from another b18a1 motor. keep in mind i dont and will not have vtec on my motor build. and i noticed there is some different kinds just looking on ebay. (pr4 or p75)?

>as for injectors i am going to be boosting so should ijust get obd1 bigger injetors? not to change topic but i am looking at 400-500 hp what size injector should i go with?

thanks everyone.
as far as the ECU goes... try looking for a P74/P75 ECU these are the 94-95 integra LS ecu's

the 90-93 Integra LS ECUs were all PR4, they have an OBD0 and OBD1 version (you can identify them by the connectors but, if you buy the wrong one, you cant use it)

and with the injectors, OBD1 is NOT bigger. they are both 240cc injectors. if you're boosting i would stay with peak & hold injectors anyway since most saturated (obd1) injectors have a cap (max).

the most popular ECUs are the p28, p06, or p30. The p06 will have to be converted for Vtec, and all will have to be socketed.
As for your dizzy, I believe that there is a jumper harness, but they stopped making them for obd0 cars.
he's going with a B18A/B non-vtec build, no sense in spending the extra money on say a p28.

and they do have obd0 PnP harnesses for the distributor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACURA-DISTRIBUTOR-ADAPTER-OBD0-TO-OBD1-CONVERSION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem190281381595QQitemZ190281381595QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACURA-DISTRIBUTOR-ADAPTER-OBD0-TO-OBD1-CONVERSION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270332945730QQitemZ270332945730QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

rywire still sells one but you must purchase with the ECU conversion harness also

even xenocron sells one.
http://www.xenocron.com/obd0-obd1-distributor-adapter-p-75.html

Last edited:

se7en-mm

you guys have helped me out alot i just have another question,

am i going to need to get the wiring harness as well or is that what the conversion harness is for? on the ecu and distributor.

no cutting no splicing is what im hoping for lol, but if i have to do a little then i will.

i was just wondering about the wiring harness becuase i wasnt sure what the distributor adaptor would plug into. they look like they had different connections on the ends

is this what i need for everything minus the ecu which is seperate of course. this kit

Last edited:

tilegend

you guys have helped me out alot i just have another question,

am i going to need to get the wiring harness as well or is that what the conversion harness is for? on the ecu and distributor.

no cutting no splicing is what im hoping for lol, but if i have to do a little then i will.

i was just wondering about the wiring harness becuase i wasnt sure what the distributor adaptor would plug into. they look like they had different connections on the ends

is this what i need for everything minus the ecu which is seperate of course. this kit
that kit is fine, if you don't see yourself going vtec in the future.

also, what the distributor adapter is, is basically a male OBD0 connector, same as the connector on the distributor itself, and switches it to a female OBD1 connector, so your new OBD1 distributor will plug right in without having to splice the original harness should you ever plan on switching it back to OBD0

Last edited:

se7en-mm

oh ok, makes sense,

i have another question while i was at work i started thining ignition, i planned on using msd ignition, would i still be able to use it with this conversion? if so you all have any recomendations on what to get? or should i start another thread?

thanks again

*does anyone have any images of using hondata or some basic setting that would be usefull for getting started. i only ask because a mechanic next door to my job said to ask if anybody has something i can look at to get the basic idea of what i would need to adjust.

if not i can figure it out.

Last edited:

tilegend

oh ok, makes sense,

i have another question while i was at work i started thining ignition, i planned on using msd ignition, would i still be able to use it with this conversion? if so you all have any recomendations on what to get? or should i start another thread?

thanks again

*does anyone have any images of using hondata or some basic setting that would be usefull for getting started. i only ask because a mechanic next door to my job said to ask if anybody has something i can look at to get the basic idea of what i would need to adjust.

if not i can figure it out.
you can get an MSD ignition if you want, some people feel that its not needed unless you're using for a high HP application.

anyhow to answer your original question, yes you can still use the MSD.

here's some products to look at:
http://www.msdignition.com/info.aspx?taxid=4&taxid2=94

the wiring diagrams can basically be found in the download section of each product...

for example this is for the 6A:
http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/Ignitions/6420_instructions.pdf

instructions start on page 21

also. with hondata, theres a couple different systems, s100, s200, and s300

even though the s200 is discontinued, it still uses the same romeditor as the s100 system

the s300 on the other hand uses SManager.

where are you getting the hondata installed? an authorized dealer should be able to put a basemap on it for you.