Drilling hole in firewall--> where?

kory_k

Putting some subs in my car, and I need to know where I can run the wire through on the firewall. I read there is a rubber grommett under the master brake, but I wanted to know if there is anywhere better. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

heykosal

Angkorian
x2 that's the most convenient spot to run wires through. But if you'd rather drill another hole, my only advice is to check and double check the spot you're drilling to make sure you aren't going to drill through something, and definitely use a rubber grommet. Don't think that the plastic over the wires is enough protection, those are the people who are on fire on the side of the road.

98_gsr

isnt there also a place by the battery?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
isnt there also a place by the battery?
Battery isnt by the firewall in the G2.

Easiest place on the G2 is the grommet for the A/C lines, that's how I ran mine when I had subs.

The master cylinder is on the drivers side also, A/C is on passenger side. Less wire to hide in your engine bay.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Definitely recommend using a grommet if you drill your own hole. When you create your own hole and dont plug it tight, not only will you allow more heat into the cabin but also noise from the engine bay.