Need to clean axle grease off wheel

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had an axle boot on the Teg rip open on me this summer. It's fixed now, but I'm left with a TON of axle grease thickly caked all over the inside of the wheel. Can anyone recommend a cleaner to get axle grease off wheels?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i know that the armor all stuff has done wonders on my car and another car, im not sure if it will get it off 100% though. its the bottle with the chrome wheels on it. either that or air craft stripper if you prep it carfully

LitosDA

Hey i work in auto parts and we sell alot of cleaners and so far the best ive run across have been the wheel cleaners from meguiars and also mothers. i use them on my cars they work miracles.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
super clean and a plastic scraper.

heykosal

Angkorian
WD-40 breaks grease down
was going to mention that..Blue Magic wheel cleaner works pretty well too. I'd spray it on, and without having to touch it, it would take off most all the brake dust. I know its different than grease but no other wheel cleaner I've tired works that well on dust without scrubbing.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I tried the WD-40 route first, since I already own some. It worked like a charm, wiped off clean and easy with just a rag. Thanks my man.
No problem :thumbs up

WD-40 physically breaks down bonded compounds in grease so it makes it easy.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
No problem :thumbs up

WD-40 physically breaks down bonded compounds in grease so it makes it easy.
thats really good to know actually. I knew WD-40 worked to do basically everything, but that's just another thing to add to the list.

Thanks! haha

maq

thats really good to know actually. I knew WD-40 worked to do basically everything, but that's just another thing to add to the list.

Thanks! haha
panther piss also works great to wash your hands. Spray hands, rub, wash with soap. Almost as good as that orange clean stuff.

wite2nr

powerwasher works wonders! but glad to know wd40 does the trick as well. ill have to try that.