Cd player help

tickytickytegra

For some reason and we have no idea why the sony xplod cd player that we are trying to install will now work in my 1990 ls.

when the power wires are correct nothing happens but when you switch the constant and the ignition it will take and spit out cds.
If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, driving this car is fun as hell but gets old real quick without any tunes

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
For some reason and we have no idea why the sony xplod cd player that we are trying to install will now work in my 1990 ls.

when the power wires are correct nothing happens but when you switch the constant and the ignition it will take and spit out cds.
If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great, driving this car is fun as hell but gets old real quick without any tunes
May as well start with the most basic of basics:
1) Are sure your power source is a constant 12V? I originally hooked mine up to a 12V source but later realized it wasn't a constant and solved the problem. Also are you grouned properly?
2) Is the deck new?

tickytickytegra

the deck is about a year old, i had it in my 92 sentra and it worked fine in there i think it might be a bad ground cause of the fact that it will take and spit out cds...im going to try and run a new ground and see if that solves the problem

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
the deck is about a year old, i had it in my 92 sentra and it worked fine in there i think it might be a bad ground cause of the fact that it will take and spit out cds...im going to try and run a new ground and see if that solves the problem
Yeah, you could also try taking it to cartoys or some jo-shmo audio place and they might be able to take a peek at it as well :???: