New member with some questions?

cobra tom

let me start by say hello!

I just got a 87 teg ls 5spd. I was wonder afew things..

Does the car respond to mods? cai,exhaust?

if you cut the rear springs does it get all bouncy?

98_gsr

50 BUX? what brand?
Thats bad info. The car will respond pretty well to mods, it just depends on how much power you want. Don't expect to add intake headers and exhaust and have a 300hp monster. In terms of the suspension, do some research around here, the best way to do suspension is to upgrade the shocks and struts. If you slap some lowering springs on the stock struts they will blow out really fast and give you a very unpleasant bouncy ride. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!

cobra tom

Thats bad info. The car will respond pretty well to mods, it just depends on how much power you want. Don't expect to add intake headers and exhaust and have a 300hp monster.
what would I hope to expect from these mods? what do these cars run 1/4 mile? and then with mods?can this motor handle any kind of boost?

In terms of the suspension, do some research around here, the best way to do suspension is to upgrade the shocks and struts. If you slap some lowering springs on the stock struts they will blow out really fast and give you a very unpleasant bouncy ride. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!
after upgrading shock and struts what is the best way to lower it? I read somewhere 88-91 civic rear coilovers work but still trying to figure out how to lower the front down equal.

wite2nr

first gen integras (89 and older) have a torsion bar front suspension. you can buy lowering springs for the rear, but good luck with the front. i found this website with a quick google search

http://www.g1teg.org/

i believe S-T (suspension techniques) makes a set of lowering springs for the rear. DO NOT just cut the rear springs, and if/when you get lowering springs, get a pair of new shocks to go along with it.