need some carbon hood advice...

kid_DA

b-series or nothing
To all my fellow DA owners ... what do u guys think about carbon hoods ? I have a honda white integra on gold dr 30s and a mugen stripe. I'm still thinking of geting a carbon hood but not sure if I should get one . Should I just stay clean oem hood.please help..... thanks ...

DarkDB1

I like carbon fiber hoods... Go ahead and go for it... What do you have thats mugen to allow the "mugen stripe" if you dont mind me asking.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
i think Carbon Fiber hoods are great. I have one myself. but a word of advice; if/when you get one, either take it to a body shop to have them sand it down really good and reapply some new clearcoat. most carbon fiber hood manufacturers apply a simple "gel coat" (cheaper to manufacture in mass) which is notoriously UN-durable. will fade and haze within a year or so of sitting out in the sun.

either take it to a shop, or do it yourself. but it is a bit tricky to do it right, so if you don't have the tools necessary (eg; a sanding block, 600g, 800g, 1200g, 1500g sandpaper, a good constant supply of water, and a paint gun) then i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. as it is easy to mess it up.

98_gsr

the mugen stripe is the decal that goes down the side of the car that says mugen. i like carbon fiber i say go for it.

mugensix

go sidewayz
who cares if he has no mugen parts man, its a exterior decal, its for show man, jeezz why do people ask alot lol

kid_DA

b-series or nothing
I have small mugen goodies.. Lugs. License plate bolts. Not to many cuz mugen parts for the usdm DAs r hard to find. I wanted to give it a old school JDM look not a ricer/fast and the furious look . And a "mugen" style lip kit by wingwest and a mugen rear bumber cover. .

DarkDB1

I have small mugen goodies.. Lugs. License plate bolts. Not to many cuz mugen parts for the usdm DAs r hard to find. I wanted to give it a old school JDM look not a ricer/fast and the furious look . And a "mugen" style lip kit by wingwest and a mugen rear bumber cover. .
Ah, ok... I was under the impression you just put that on for shits and giggles.

Should look into some Mugen wheels, Personally the MR5s are going pretty cheap now. I got my set for $600 with no curb rash or major damage and all 4 center caps (the lug caps however are expensive :( )... Check around Honda-Tech thats where I got them from.

kid_DA

b-series or nothing
Koo thanks ... I also for got to say I have 2 mugen steering wheels.. Suede and leather.. Waiting for a motor swap to get a mugen valve cover .damn california smog laws.. I want it done right and legal ..

hb420

Oem hood ftw. Imo carbon hoods look good on black cars because there is little color change between the two

kid_DA

b-series or nothing
No typeR decals ... since there never was a type R badged DA. I do have my xsi badge.. The only R that was made was the gsR but I think that was only usdm but not sure. I think there was a xsi,rsi,Esi.... but I could be wrong