a few things...

solehead714

Ok so I picked up a 91 integra ls and I have a few questions

The guy I bought it from put in an obd-1 ecu and the conversion jumper harness. What's the benefit of that?

I also picked up an obd-0 ecu today and I took off the obd-1 and jumper conversion and plugged in the obd-o. The car starts up but then dies.

Does anybody kno why it dies? and is there something im missing?

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
OBD-1 is far easier to tune, once you start getting into performance modifications. OBD-0 has almost zero aftermarket support, due to it being very "primitive" in nature. I'd go back to OBD-1, as the overall base map is superior to the OBD-0, and the OBD-1 allows it to rev a little higher (by about 400rpms)

if he converted everything else to OBD-1 (distributor, sensors etc.) then they won't function due to being on a different OBD program.

just go back to OBD1, you'll be glad you did if you ever get to modding the motor. much easier to work with.

good luck.

also, are you able to confirm that the OBD-0 ecu you picked up is actually good? if the ecu is shot, it won't run at all. good luck. hope that helped a bit.

hmongkie

whao whao... what kind of motor are u running?.. what kind of ecu is the obd1? obd0?....mods?... he may have been tuning with the obd1 ecu... socketed and chipped?

solehead714

whao whao... what kind of motor are u running?.. what kind of ecu is the obd1? obd0?....mods?... he may have been tuning with the obd1 ecu... socketed and chipped?
Its a 91 ls b18(non vtec) and I don't think its been chipped I haven't taken off the cover to see. If the sensors were changed would the cel still be on?

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
if the sensors were changed to OBD1 and you're running an OBD0 ecu, yes.

as long as its done right, OBD1 conversions are superior for a reason. I'd just go back to OBD1. The previous owner did a good thing converting to OBD1 for ya ;)

solehead714

Ok yea I figured obd-1 was better I just need to see if everything else was converted. What sensors do I need to look at? And the distributor, how would I kno if it obd-o or odb-1 r there ne markings or numbers?

Ok yea I figured obd-1 was better I just need to see if everything else was converted. What sensors do I need to look at? And the distributor, how would I kno if it obd-o or odb-1 r there ne markings or numbers?
OBD0 has round connectors either tan or green, OBD1 has square and rectangular gray clips

tilegend

the o2 sensor is the only sensor that is needed and it is too a grey connector with 4 wires (obd1) instead of one wire tan connector (obd0).