transmission "P" light on dash issues...

rainshdw08

I have a 92 Integra, recently I have been having problems with the transmission. When I put it into park, the light on the dash hesitates, or doesn't turn red. Sometimes I can just just wait a few min and in turns red or sometimes I have to restart the car, then shut it off again to remove the key. It seems to be getting worse as of late, not sure if it's due to the colder weather or not. Fluid levels are correct, although the fluid probably needs replaced.

Any Ideas??

Man A

homewreker
it is due to the cold weather. youll have to remove the center console and on the passenger side there is a white plastic part youll need to remove. it has wires coming out from it. its the shifter position sensor. take it out 2 10mm bolts, take it appart and clean the electrical connections. then apply dielectric grease and put everything back together. make sure not to lose the spring or ball bearing

i did this for my first teg and it fixed it. i also did it to my girls DB1 but ill need to do it again cause i dont think i cleaned it good enough last time.

good luck

K20aLLmOtoR03

NBP NJ cReW #1
it is due to the cold weather. youll have to remove the center console and on the passenger side there is a white plastic part youll need to remove. it has wires coming out from it. its the shifter position sensor. take it out 2 10mm bolts, take it appart and clean the electrical connections. then apply dielectric grease and put everything back together. make sure not to lose the spring or ball bearing

i did this for my first teg and it fixed it. i also did it to my girls DB1 but ill need to do it again cause i dont think i cleaned it good enough last time.

good luck
x2