catback choices?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I think that was a burn :lol:
I wasn't trying to. I was just being honest. Personally, I don't like the sound of straight-through exhausts on AT. If I had an AT, I'd stick to a chambered exhaust like the A'PEXi WS2 or RS*R ExMag. Just my 2 cents.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I wasn't trying to. I was just being honest. Personally, I don't like the sound of straight-through exhausts on AT. If I had an AT, I'd stick to a chambered exhaust like the A'PEXi WS2 or RS*R ExMag. Just my 2 cents.
What I like about it is that if I just drive normal (when the fuzz is around :lol:) You barely hear it. But if I feeling like getting on it and havin fun on back roads I will hear it. I basically get to choose when I feel like being loud... thats why I like it... That and it looks good lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
What I like about it is that if I just drive normal (when the fuzz is around :lol:) You barely hear it. But if I feeling like getting on it and havin fun on back roads I will hear it. I basically get to choose when I feel like being loud... thats why I like it... That and it looks good lol
I'm glad you like it man. It definitely looks good on your DC4. You could use a lower drop though.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I'm glad you like it man. It definitely looks good on your DC4. You could use a lower drop though.
I wouldn't mind it but live in a rural area I can't go too low... plus its MO and our roads royally suck :lame

BIGB90teg

Lol yeah I'm aware that the buddyclub spec 2 is a straight through design but I was talking about the buddyclub spec 3 canister only from INLINEFOUR! Its the same muffler as the spec3 catback but just the muffler! I might just try the magnaflow idea how is the flowmaster mufflers anyone know?

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
if you don't want to get pulled over often, don't get anything from buddy club. while some of their exhausts are quieter than the Spec 2, most are still on the loud side.

i have a GReddy SP2 on my DA, and its probably the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a DA. not loud at all, smooth tone, and amazing looks. also keeps the muffler in the sideways (OEM like) placement. overall, an amazing exhaust when just cruising around town, and has a sexy tone when your right foot gains a few pounds and puts the gas pedal to the floor.

in order of "best" exhaust (In MY opinion)
1) GReddy SP2
2) RS*R Ex-Mag
3) Tanabe Medallion
4) HKS Hiper (a canister style exhaust, but probably the most subtle canister exhausts on the market)

those are the best exhaust systems you can buy. and even though most will argue about the "order" they would fall into (as in, someone else might say the Tanabe is the best etc.) NO ONE will argue and say they aren't great systems.

EDIT:
Tanabe Hyper Medallion on 92 Integra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhSI616UnI
GReddy SP2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9nSkIke1E
HKS (INSIDE CAR):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZ8kxh-1Zc
RS*R Ex-Mag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCNFNthVfUs (not the best quality, but you get the idea. its also not as raspy in person, as it sounds in this vid)

Last edited:

wite2nr

JDM DB8 (Matt?), yes I am aware that buddy club offers more than 1 type of exhaust, however when most people refer to Buddy Club exhaust, they are referring to the spec II (in my experiences).

OP: the reason I am suggesting a magnaflow muffler to just be replace the muffler that is on there is because it seems like you don't have the budget set aside for a full cat back exhaust, but still want the sound of an exhaust. You also said that you don't want to worry about cops, and just a magnaflow muffler will be significantly quieter that the canister style counterparts. The reason I had the stock muffler cut out and a magnaflow welded in was not for the performance, it was because my car (being a HI car) had a rusted OEM muffler and I was sick of listening to all the leaks. I was originally looking for just a stock axleback, but the magnaflow alternative turned out to be a cheaper route (and I gained some MPGs). now, you say you already have 2.5" piping, so you *might* notice some gains with an exhaust, but in my opinion if you are adding an exhaust for the hp on an otherwise stock car, it is pointless. If you are doing it because you like the sound of an exhaust, then great! no problem there.

here is a pic for reference of my old "exhaust" on the DA.

BIGB90teg

Ok guys its over ive made a choice! In reference to me not having the budget no I don't have all of it at this moment but it wasn't that I just didn't want to spend close to $600 on it but anyways to hondagod_666 thank u bcuz I'm going with the SP2, I'm guessing that all the other clips I heard of it were distorted cuz ur clip sounded great just what I'm looking for and screw the price just like everyone else said oem look with (now I know)great sound and volume!thanx again to everyone!