Integra 91 question..

johnownsall2

Hey well my car is going to be sitting for the next few months but i start it up everyday and stuff but yes it will be sitting i fill up the gas when it starts getting low. But i have a question im going to replace my tires my breaks and all that good stuff when its ready for the road what else should i replace? should i do a tune up such as spark plugs and wires, oil filter? I really want this car to last me a year or two how long do you think it will last me if i dont beat on it crazy or crash it. It has 210 miles on the body and 97k on the engine?? im hoping to last a year atleast just so i have enough money to get a nice car this is my first car so i was just wondering..

Stuckinafog

I have 200k on my 90 and it runs like new, take good care of it and it will just about last forever

cooki3monstr

snarf
that motor has like, hardly any miles. it should last you more than a year or two. just do regular oil changes and dont beat on it.

wite2nr

jack stands so that the tires dont get lopsided and relieves stress on the suspension. it is actually in the Acura owner's manual. I believe it states if the car is going to be sitting for over 3 months, then you should put it on jackstands. also, while your car is sitting, every once in a while when you start it up, run the a/c. it's also in the manual that over the winter (or long periods of unuse) you should run the a/c occasionally to keep it working smoothly.

Man A

homewreker
jack stands so that the tires dont get lopsided and relieves stress on the suspension. it is actually in the Acura owner's manual. I believe it states if the car is going to be sitting for over 3 months, then you should put it on jackstands. also, while your car is sitting, every once in a while when you start it up, run the a/c. it's also in the manual that over the winter (or long periods of unuse) you should run the a/c occasionally to keep it working smoothly.
thanx for the confirmation. and yes the a/c thing is true. Ive learned this recently. and its not only in cars but any a/c system including homes.

johnownsall2

Alright so ill probly do that do i need four? or do you mean just put oneside on jacks? or do i need all 4 sides?