Fuel Pump Problem??

panzo101

Can anyone help i've recently bought a 1991 integra gs and it was a stolen recovery. I have been able to get the car to crank over but i'm having trouble getting my fuel pump to work and it wont even prime. Ive check my fuel pump connection and also i've replaced the main relay and the pump and nothing seems to work. I've also check the fuses in the fuse box under hood and under the dash. I also checked the main relay and the main fuel relay. Plz HELP!!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
have either of you checked for power at the pump?

are you positive you don't have pressure?

digital whiskey

Positive. Read my post entitled "92 LS major problems, please read!" to see all that I've tried.

shocker

did any of you guys think that if your getting power to the pump and its still not working that maybe the pump itself is bad? its a very good possibility.

Man A

homewreker
did any of you guys think that if your getting power to the pump and its still not working that maybe the pump itself is bad? its a very good possibility.
your right. he/she would have to check the pressure to determin that

shocker

your not gonna have any pressure to check if its not turning on and priming...the best way to check if its the actual pump that is not working is get two jumper wires and going from a direct power source connect them to the pump for a brief second to see if it turns on...if it doesnt then your pump is garbage

Man A

homewreker
im sorta having the same problem

im getting power to the pump. listening to others i removed the tank and pump and i bench tested it with a DC voltage supply and it spayed gas all over me. so then i pluged it into the car not in the tank and its turning on. i did however change the strainer which was dirty as all hell. i havnt put it all back in cause im being told that the pump is probably still bad.

you guys think i should throw it in and try to start the car?

btw its a walbro 255l and can only be about 3 yrs old. how long do these walbros last?

shocker

looks like you figured it out from what your new thread says...but you should have checked your fuel psi before pulling the tank assuming it was a pump, what made you think it was the pump? was it not priming? because the tps doesnt keep the fuel from priming