noob spam posters. wtf

patrick4588

Integra God
can we setup some kind of post thing for noob as TI does. as much as i hate that site, that would kill the spam we've been getting lately.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I was just thinking that we need something. A setup that has the mods approve the first five posts would work fine.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Also, for now if you guys see that there is a spam thread, use the report button. That sends an alert to us so we can go delete it. Makes it a lot easier if everyone helps than for us to look around all day trying to find it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I just always click the new post button to check what's been updated. Any new spam threads will pop up in there. You don't have to go looking for them

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I was just thinking that we need something. A setup that has the mods approve the first five posts would work fine.
I personally hate that setup. That's the whole reason I left T-I... They kept denying my posts for some reason. And the stupid wait after registering to post; it keeps spam away, but what if someone out there needs an answer now? They wont want to wait 24 hours to post. I know I didnt, so I joined CI instead. A lot better here.

TegyDriverYaDig

i drive YA DIGGG
I personally hate that setup. That's the whole reason I left T-I... They kept denying my posts for some reason. And the stupid wait after registering to post; it keeps spam away, but what if someone out there needs an answer now? They wont want to wait 24 hours to post. I know I didnt, so I joined CI instead. A lot better here.
yeahh but itll keep all the spam off cuz its getting ridicoulous

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
It is... I guess the approval wouldnt be so bad, just don't do the waiting period.... Besides, why should I care, i'm already joined lol

J_Jay_B

teg driver
ya for sure... we all already have over 5 post so i think do the first 5 posted have to be approved.

speedin

The Transporter
:roll:

you need more mods
you need to enable "one touch spam clean up"
were catching the spam fairly quickly. And as for advanced settings thats all Jay Jay. But were working on a couple of solutions to fix it.

Also AUSSIE is right, PLEASE report the spam if you see it. Makes it very easy to find. Just incase some of us miss the spam on the "New Posts."

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I don't ever miss it. If it's there, then I delete it. If you're to the point to where a few spam threads are there and it's eating you alive, then get a life and step away from the keyboard. It's fairly obvious what is spam, just don't click on it if you don't want to see it. It will get deleted regardless. Corrections are in the works, if you don't want to see spam, then don't click on the thread.

Doesn't matter how many mods you have, most people have lives outside of clubintegra and we won't be there every second to protect your virgin eyes.

Fixes are in the works, everyone is aware of the problem

Last edited: