quick question, B18a with a B20 head????

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
B20 and B18a1 have the same head.

go B20 block with a A1 head. that'll make you some power.

MiDWeStiNtEgRa2

2nd GeNeRaTiOn
oh yeah i didnt really pay attention ill get a b20 soon as i can....

MiDWeStiNtEgRa2

2nd GeNeRaTiOn
well i think ill go b20 with Ls tranny heard it was pretty quick i dont really wanna be the fastest on the streets i wanna be in the mid section so it will be more fun because you will lose and you will win right.....

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
well i think ill go b20 with Ls tranny heard it was pretty quick i dont really wanna be the fastest on the streets i wanna be in the mid section so it will be more fun because you will lose and you will win right.....
Just a b20 isn't going to make you anywhere near fast. actually, just a strait b20 swap might even be slower then the b18. I don't think the 20 revs as high... something like that...

BUT! With the B20 you have more potential... Old farts used to say it, and us rice burners should still be saying it:

No replacement for displacement

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Just a b20 isn't going to make you anywhere near fast. actually, just a strait b20 swap might even be slower then the b18. I don't think the 20 revs as high... something like that...

BUT! With the B20 you have more potential... Old farts used to say it, and us rice burners should still be saying it:

No replacement for displacement
Dont the B20's redline at like 6300lbs? Thats weak sauce, my V6 redline at 7200rpms with a chip. B20 does have potential. Take a B20 with a GSR head; and you have money dude. omega torque. Wouldn't you need to upgrade pistons and rods with a vtec head though? A straight up B20 swap; stock, will be a good swap for a civic though; integras, you'll need something else on that B20 to gain power.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I don't know what they redline at, but you could still take them to the computer's redline if you really wanted to....

probably not the pistons, but maybe the rods. I dunno, never looked into it.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Yeah me either. I kinda want to though. Theres a really nicely priced B20 at PasswordJDM.com...... It looks exactly like the Integra RS motor.

http://passwordjdm.com/B20B-Long-Block-P1582C201.aspx

I'm going to dive into the whole B20 stuff.... Acutally I should just ask my buddy. He HAS a B20 in a little Civic hatchback. i think he has vtec head too; and it's also turbo. Such a beast. A long time ago I saw his hatch with an LS motor turbo; I guess he decided to upgrade to a B20...

Now he is using; what they said was a B16 also turbo in a tube frame; fiberglass body hatchback with drag slicks...