What spark plugs should I get?

tisguy

meh. There isn't any significant differences between using platinum to iridium, except for the price. I think max temperatures are different. NGK or Denso are the popular brands.

1) make sure you have the tools needed. Spark plug socket, extension.
2) most manuals state to torque the new plugs to spec.

that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Spody02

Name: Cody
i cant believe anyone said make sure to gap the plugs correctly...
other then that you should be good, just ask what kind of ngk they carry for your car and pick your price

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Just out of curiosity on this, is there a difference between the OBD1 B18B1 Plugs and the OBD2 B18B1 Plugs? I went to pick some up the other day and was looking for the right ones and it said that the ones i wanted for th OBD2 motor weren't made yet they were there for the OBD1 motor ???

And i just realized that this is in the second gen section lol my bad

dc2b18

Wait... What?
i cant believe anyone said make sure to gap the plugs correctly...
other then that you should be good, just ask what kind of ngk they carry for your car and pick your price
most plugs you buy especially oem plugs for b18b1 are pre gapped

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
if the motor internally is stock...go with a NGK BKR6E...if you go nitrous/turbo/supercharger i would go one or even two heat ranges colder...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
get the ones recommended for your car if it's still stock... it's recommended for a reason
NGK is oem. But, i think that irridium is better fro many reasons. Import tuner did an article on it and it was dyno tested. Irridum plugs put out more hp than regular plugs. ill try and find the article. but i recomend NGK IX series

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
NGK is oem. But, i think that irridium is better fro many reasons. Import tuner did an article on it and it was dyno tested. Irridum plugs put out more hp than regular plugs. ill try and find the article. but i recomend NGK IX series
yea i agree with that...only one condition...on the off chance that you decided to use nitrous on your car, i would not get irridium plugs just cuz every 2-3 bottles of nitrous that you fill up your supposed to change out ur plugs.

Irridiums are more expensive...thats really my only reasoning...if u dont mind switching them out and paying that premium for irridium plugs...then be my guest

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yea i agree with that...only one condition...on the off chance that you decided to use nitrous on your car, i would not get irridium plugs just cuz every 2-3 bottles of nitrous that you fill up your supposed to change out ur plugs.

Irridiums are more expensive...thats really my only reasoning...if u dont mind switching them out and paying that premium for irridium plugs...then be my guest

i did not know that about spray, im a total noob about that hahaha

I wouldn't listen to import tuner's hp numbers..
true but irridum is the best and its not just import tuner who says that