What potential does the 93 LS motor have when upgraded???/don't want to swap engine

93teg777

Hey guys....I'm new on the forum and just registered with Club Integra because I recently purchased a 93 Integra LS. After a few years of owning 2 x7's I finally gave up and defected to my original favorite brand of car...Honda. Anyway, like I said, I just got a 93 LS, a car that I've wanted for a while and my situation is this....I know that there are many different engines that can be swapped in....different block/head combos....and everybody has there own opinion as to what is best to have in your particular engine bay. I personally would like to keep the engine that my car has and extract as much potential out of it as possible. My question is...What kind of potential does the LS (b18a1...I think) really have???? Being that it is not one of the higher horsepower Honda engines, what can I truly expect by upgrading internals and doing more than just the regular i/h/e with this particular engine?? All opinions would be greatly appreciated and respected and any advise on what to start with on building and bulletproofing the motor would again be greatly appreciated. Thank to all in the forum!!!

AcBrand

I got a B18B1 motor and personally i think ima be aight witout VTEC. I dont need premium fuel so theres a start lol

93teg777

Hey Aussie, thanks for the comment...what would you personally do to get that 200 hp on my particular setup?? or at least ..what would you start with??? Thank for any info!!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I would turbo it and go for 300. You won't need to go through the trouble of cracking the engine open and it will cost less.

93teg777

I was thinking of going turbo as an option but wouldn't I still have to upgrade it internally??? I was trying to go all motor but I am open to other ideas.

wite2nr

you dont have to open the engine for a turbo, but you should upgrade parts in the block if you are going to turbo. i too have a 93 LS motor. besides a header, it is stock. i do not have any personal experience with internal work, but from what i have read on forums and what not, you can achieve 200whp with an LS. but to do that, you will need internal work, as well as I/H/E.

301integra92

you cant turbo to 300 with out opening the motor it will crack
you can run 14 psi at like 265 hp 220-240 tq no more if you want more you can put block gruads but they can make your motor run hot but its cheaper then getting it sleved
and you can get turbo kits for like $800 buck just look for them

98_gsr

I would say for the b18a1 250whp is a safe bet for a reliable turbo goal...you could definitly DD that and keep it reliable.