Do I Have To ??

91integrock

Q1. Hey, I just bought a street brace for my 91 teg and I popped the hood to put it on and realized that I have to relocate my hole power steering assembaly.

Anybody that has done this already ??? Some HELP please, where is a good place to put it ?

Q2. I just received my lowering springs and was wondering if on tight budget, would that someone need to change his shocks too or is it just a good idea to do it all at the same time ???

Any help would be awesome...

Thanks,
Rob.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Q1. Hey, I just bought a street brace for my 91 teg and I popped the hood to put it on and realized that I have to relocate my hole power steering assembaly.

Anybody that has done this already ??? Some HELP please, where is a good place to put it ?

Q2. I just received my lowering springs and was wondering if on tight budget, would that someone need to change his shocks too or is it just a good idea to do it all at the same time ???

Any help would be awesome...

Thanks,
Rob.
A1) I assume you're talking about a front strut tower bar. I don't have a DA, so I'm not too familiar with the engine bay and where everything is. Trying doing more research.

A2) If I were you, I would wait until I have enough money to get new shocks. Because if you put the springs on now, eventually you're going to have to buy new shocks because you'll blow out the stock ones.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
If you ARE talking about installing a strut tower bar. I dont see any reason why you would need to touch your power steering, or even relocate anything. Power steering in a DA is located near the front driver side headlight. Some pictures would help us out as to see what is in your way.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
If you ARE talking about installing a strut tower bar. I dont see any reason why you would need to touch your power steering, or even relocate anything. Power steering in a DA is located near the front driver side headlight. Some pictures would help us out as to see what is in your way.
dont they just bolt onto the tower?

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
The fuse box will need to be unbolted and moved out of the way slightly to install the brace and if you have abs, you will have to unclip the abs plugs to install the brace. But success also depends on which strut tower bar was purchased...some wont clear the ABS pump. Some are more complex then others... IE. triangular bars

Last edited:

91integrock

How do you post pic's on threads ?????? As you can tell im not very computer SMRT.

If i click on insert image it asks for a ULR ? My pic's are under MY Pictures. All i have ever done before is copy and paste, yes iam a dumbass.

91integrock

the site is not working right now, but thats for the info.

Oh yeah, it is not the power steering like i thought for some reason...lol. It is the brake fluid assembly.