Matt's DB8 Picture/Progress Thread

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
My tuner is coming out with his own product line. Can't quite tell you the name yet. Not until he launches. Expected date should be around November, if not, December. I'll keep you updated.
nice man...yea keep me updated...if they turn out really well...maybe i want a set :D

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Update:

I went to SOW yesterday and it was a total failure. I was doing fine during my first session then something happened during my third lap. After this one corner, I hit the throttle and as I was revving up, the RPM cut off at 6800-7000. After that happened, my CEL went off. So I had to pull out to the paddock. I turned the engine off, then started it back up. The CEL went away. On my second lap during my second session, it happed again, so I had to exit the track again. So I decided to do the ECU jump test and see what code I was throwing. Results = MAF sensor and o2 sensor. I check the MAF sensor out and it seemed to be working just fine. So my guess is that I need a new o2 sensor. Since I couldn't push the DB8, I decided to retire for the day. I wanted to be able to get home safely. During my two sessions out when I had no engine problems, I felt really slow on the straights. I was chasing this one 350s in the infield, but as soon as we hit the back straight, he pulled away from me. Once we would hit a corner, I'd get one his ass and he's point me by. But I'd have to point him by whenever we would hit a straight. It was frustrating... So I was talking to this DC4 owner who has a fully built LS/VTEC motor. Arias pistons, Eagle rods, forgot what cams he was running... Anyway... I decided that I want to build the B18C1 a little. Not crazy like that guy's, but something much more milder. I'm just so tired of getting passed on the straights.

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
Update:

I went to SOW yesterday and it was a total failure. I was doing fine during my first session then something happened during my third lap. After this one corner, I hit the throttle and as I was revving up, the RPM cut off at 6800-7000. After that happened, my CEL went off. So I had to pull out to the paddock. I turned the engine off, then started it back up. The CEL went away. On my second lap during my second session, it happed again, so I had to exit the track again. So I decided to do the ECU jump test and see what code I was throwing. Results = MAF sensor and o2 sensor. I check the MAF sensor out and it seemed to be working just fine. So my guess is that I need a new o2 sensor. Since I couldn't push the DB8, I decided to retire for the day. I wanted to be able to get home safely. During my two sessions out when I had no engine problems, I felt really slow on the straights. I was chasing this one 350s in the infield, but as soon as we hit the back straight, he pulled away from me. Once we would hit a corner, I'd get one his ass and he's point me by. But I'd have to point him by whenever we would hit a straight. It was frustrating... So I was talking to this DC4 owner who has a fully built LS/VTEC motor. Arias pistons, Eagle rods, forgot what cams he was running... Anyway... I decided that I want to build the B18C1 a little. Not crazy like that guy's, but something much more milder. I'm just so tired of getting passed on the straights.

hahahahahaha....matt i feel you, & thats why im looking into doing a full b20 vtec build come january= good hp & trq. perfect for touge!!!!!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
hahahahahaha....matt i feel you, & thats why im looking into doing a full b20 vtec build come january= good hp & trq. perfect for touge!!!!!
Yeah... We both definitely need more power to run with the newer, faster cars.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, exactly what I'm thiknking too.... once I get some cash I'll be looking into a motor to swap...

D15 is amazing on gas, but just isn't cutting it for any use other then interstate.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
lol, exactly what I'm thiknking too.... once I get some cash I'll be looking into a motor to swap...

D15 is amazing on gas, but just isn't cutting it for any use other then interstate.
Yup. I just felt so helpless out there on the straights. I had no problem keeping up with the other cars in the corners, but as soon as we'd hit corner exit, I'd have to point the car behind me by because he's faster on the straight away.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
hey man i dont know if your interested but if your not going to build your new engine your self id be more than happy to do it for you. im in my second year of engine blue printing and im building two b18's last year i built an F22a6 and two b16's one an SI and one type r. so let me know it would be completely free, fully balanced crank, rods, sonic testing of the cylinder walls, Rottler bore, hone, and decking. also i would check main bearing bore's for out of round. all you would have to do is supply the parts, im already building a motor for 92 eg hatch on this forum it is a gsr. so just let me know if your interested the more motors i can complete in this class the better grade i will get..... also if your running on the track i would recommend 10w 40 (lol)

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Yup. I just felt so helpless out there on the straights. I had no problem keeping up with the other cars in the corners, but as soon as we'd hit corner exit, I'd have to point the car behind me by because he's faster on the straight away.
that kinda sucks then.... cause you can't hit the next corner at full potential either...

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
got your text matt 200whp all motor GSR is bad ass....but i want b20/v to keep up w/ STi, EVO, 240, & DC5's when doing cayon runs

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
got your text matt 200whp all motor GSR is bad ass....but i want b20/v to keep up w/ STi, EVO, 240, & DC5's when doing cayon runs