Skunk2 springs W/ Tokico hps

DUFFLEBAGLEX

the title explains it what do guys think im on a budget of like 400 and i want my car lowered more that 2inches these lower it 2.5F/2.25R

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Keep in mind that the Skunk2 springs are bit on the stiffer side. If you want comfort, these are not for you. If you're into the firm, sporty feel, then these springs are for you.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well as for the spring rates of the Skunk2, that's up to you. The Ground Controls would probably ride better. Either way, I would just wait and save up enough money to get Tokico Illuminas. You will thank yourself later

genesis

tougê hêrmit
koni adjustable, are the most reliable shock in my mind. (what i here from the people at the track)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Koni Sport and Tokico Illumina are two of the best adjustable shocks out on the market. Can't go wrong with either one.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
I have Tokico Illuminas w/ Skunk 2 springs. The ride is not comfortable, however, they perform exeptionally well. The Tokico HP shocks your looking at will blow out in a few months.

edit: Tokico Illuminas will certainly be able to handle the 2.0 inch drop of the Skunk 2 Springs. A 2.75 inch drop will be too much for the Illuminas

Last edited:

DUFFLEBAGLEX

well i do want coilovers ive look at ground control before but with illuminas that would be way too much $$$

jdm jon

2.75 in the front, 2.50 in the back.....

my boy had skunk2 springs on his old GSR EG hatch....had 205/50r15 tires, fresh monroe struts (from Pepboys).....sat perfect....drive stiff but sporty.....ride hight would look good on a teg aswell.

minimal tuckage in the front and a pinky mighta been able fit fit in the rear wheel gap.

my2cents.

Last edited: