Problem Help!

Man A

homewreker
first off your thread tittle is uhm undiscriptive so as your first post. there is more infoe we need. I.E. header type engine type etc. " down pipe is hitting oil pan" is not enough information for us to help you

lsvtecna

i bought a megan racing stainless header for my teg got it outta the box everything was awesome and then the nightmare to install it, the angle that that downpipe had made for a shiity seal to the cat, and tegs don't come with that nice braided stainless flex pipe, i guess they figured theres no torque so no flex, but anyway once I got it in there it also wouldn't fir on to the 2 mounting bolts that hold it up near the oil pan, if I forced it up in there it would just bind and prolly would've heated the oil up to 3000 degrees, so I hammered the mounting bracket down on the header, it now acts as a spacer and keeps the downpipe from buddy f*&kn my oil pan. Dunno if that helps but that is just what I did.

lsvtecna

a really good header to get if you have the cash that will dominate all and hopefully your ride isnt an inch off the ground is th tri-y big tube race header, it's a monster and it's guaranteed to fit, looks real badass as well but on the downside it's hard to find and costs a bit of money. Something to research though.

heykosal

Angkorian
down pipe is hitting the oil pan??
Any pics? Some pics would help.

i bought a megan racing stainless header for my teg got it outta the box everything was awesome and then the nightmare to install it, the angle that that downpipe had made for a shiity seal to the cat, and tegs don't come with that nice braided stainless flex pipe, i guess they figured theres no torque so no flex, but anyway once I got it in there it also wouldn't fir on to the 2 mounting bolts that hold it up near the oil pan, if I forced it up in there it would just bind and prolly would've heated the oil up to 3000 degrees, so I hammered the mounting bracket down on the header, it now acts as a spacer and keeps the downpipe from buddy f*&kn my oil pan. Dunno if that helps but that is just what I did.
Why not just get a flex pipe?

a really good header to get if you have the cash that will dominate all and hopefully your ride isnt an inch off the ground is th tri-y big tube race header, it's a monster and it's guaranteed to fit, looks real badass as well but on the downside it's hard to find and costs a bit of money. Something to research though.
What brand are you speaking of?