17 " wheels

Ac2go

I've noticed thru some of these threads no 1 really goes bigger than 16 " wheels. I was wondering why?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So no performance reason ? I got 17's now I like the way they look so Guess I'm keepin'em
Bigger wheels can throw off your gearing, speedometer and odometer if the tires aren't properly proportioned down.

And they will make your car slower in a straight line, even if they weigh the same as smaller wheels and have the same rolling diameter tires. The bigger wheels move weight further out away from the hub and which increases rotational inertia which will negatively effect acceleration and braking power.

Plus, like previously stated, most people think anything bigger than a 16" looks too big on an Integra.

Ac2go

Bigger wheels can throw off your gearing, speedometer and odometer if the tires aren't properly proportioned down.

And they will make your car slower in a straight line, even if they weigh the same as smaller wheels and have the same rolling diameter tires. The bigger wheels move weight further out away from the hub and which increases rotational inertia which will negatively effect acceleration and braking power.

Plus, like previously stated, most people think anything bigger than a 16" looks too big on an Integra.
So there is that much difference between 16 and 17

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So there is that much difference between 16 and 17
the wheels are bigger and weigh more = more rotational mass to spin...if you go with a small wheel you can drop the car more and it will look sexier....super sexy slammed FTW!!

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White

Good Info.

LewmaticDC2

Meh

Depends on the wheel I think.
i agree with Jason, it all depends on the wheels. i got 17s on my teg but they dont look big. plus where i live their a lot of dips and speed mountains rather than bumps so its good to have the extra clearance.