Springs

Frankenstipe

Are there any performance springs out there for the 1st gen Integras?

I just started reading up on the suspension and I am thoroughly confused and need some questions answered.

Does the front suspension have struts/shocks with springs?

Does the rear have shocks with springs?

Will any aftermarket parts for any other model year work with the 1st gen Integras?

If someone could give me the lowdown on the whole suspension for our cars that would great because even though I'm sorting through all these threads and forums trying to figure out WTF is going on, I'm still lost. Lowering it is not an issue, I might want adjustability of the shocks but it's not a big deal.

I'm just trying to get some more performance oriented shocks/struts and springs for the car for autocross/ enthusiastic driving.

Last edited:

DeeAOne

the front has a strut/torsion bar setup. no springs. the rear does have a normal strut and spring setup.

Frankenstipe

the front has a strut/torsion bar setup. no springs. the rear does have a normal strut and spring setup.
Thanks for the answer.

So does this mean that in order to stiffen the suspension in the front one would need a thicker Front Sway Bar as well as Struts?

Also, can any Aftermarket springs fit in the rear or is it limited to just 86 -89 Model Year?

jotcrx

Still going strong :)
You can replace the front struts with adjustable struts from Koni. A trick to make them work on a lowered Teg is to mount them about 3/4" to 1" lower in the spindle (will require some grinding, but works just fine - did mine 6 years ago. As for the rear, you can use Koni adjustable shocks and 1" lowered springs from Suspension Techniques. How you set the adjustment for the shocks and struts will determine how much stiifer the ride will be... mine is set pretty aggressive, but ride qulaity is not too bad, even with our pothole ridden streets around here...8)

Frankenstipe

Are there any other springs that would work, do the Ground Control Coilover Sleeves work for the rear?

Is there a difference between the Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks and Struts? I thought they were the same thing?

Frankenstipe

Ok, been awhile since I got into this but let me see if I have this right. There are struts on all four corners of the car, but only springs on the back, while the front has a torsion bar.

If that's right then can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get a good set of performance springs and a front sway bar for this car.

rsxer63

I have the H&R springs and I am getting some 27.5 Torsion bars.... next will be new shocks.

heykosal

Angkorian
Ok, been awhile since I got into this but let me see if I have this right. There are struts on all four corners of the car, but only springs on the back, while the front has a torsion bar.

If that's right then can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get a good set of performance springs and a front sway bar for this car.
Shocks and struts are different

hekso1

hello evrybody whats up i have a 1989 acura Integra I just bought i have a set of tokico struts with coil overs and i am hew to the teg scene been messing with the RX7 Scene for about 12 years will these struts fit or at least the springs and coil over sleeves or anything at all how can i drop it about 2 inches any help Thanks