about to buy 2nd gen integra, help

coty24

ok , I test drove the car and I brought it home for the night cuz imma take it to midas to check it out. anyways the mileage on it is 134000 paint chipping interior kinda ok, factory head unit gone. has a killswitch, hehe. runs ok but when your turning it does some kind of cranking sound.steering turns completely for you after 3/4's of a revolution. all in all I like it. should I get it ?? imma upload pics later !

STAYFIT

if everything else is good then i would say yeah, how much are you going to give for it? sounds like it needs a little bit of work.

coty24

if everything else is good then i would say yeah, how much are you going to give for it? sounds like it needs a little bit of work.

o sorry, Its a 93 and he wants 2500 for it..... imma try to talk him down to 2000 :)

STAYFIT

get him to go to 2k and itll be a better deal. post up some pics and ill be able to help you more and so will some other guys.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
looks ok. price is a little high for what all you said is wrong with it.

coty24

continued problems, car didn't crank after jump. (alternator, bad fuse)? no power came in it at all. window doesn't roll up passenger side. battery terminal + kinda mangled looking. trunk doesn't work with key.

das all I can think of rite now. how much should I settle for? the wife doesn't want me to get it. and i'm almost on the same page. I really want an integra tho !

93GSTeggy

Banned
dude thats a pile, i got my integra for $3000 and there is not a fucking thing wrong with it! and that cracking sound is probably the CV joints about to take a dump....kinda pricey if you just wanna jump in and drive, keep up your search, dont settle for shit, and you know its been beaten because these cars are awesome and usually last forever...so yeah, dont do it

wite2nr

i paid 1600 for a one owner (old lady with EVERY record, i have 2 folders) LS with all the options. no mechanical/suspension problems, mint interior, cold a/c, etc. no dents, clean title, only "problem" was paint oxidation on roof and hood, strange that the hood was oxidized but the fenders right next to it were perfect. like everybody said, thats too much, esp if it has problems. oh yea, and my car is a stick, i have never purchased an auto car. good luck searching!

93GSTeggy

Banned
ill sell you mine for $3000, haha, i got a new B18a1 motor with 40k on it a new YS1 cable trans and new clutch with less that 1500 miles on it, new tires, header, spoon test pipe, custon cat-back, cold air intake, grounding kit, ugh, some other shit, its a 93 Gs, has all options, everything works except the a/c has been deleted, its a 5spd of coarse, and yeah, it gets about 35mpg in town if i drive like an old person...about 30mpg if im hauling ass...i want to get another iroc-z, so yeah, anyone who wants it, haha let me know!

Last edited:

coty24

ill sell you mine for $3000, haha, i got a new B18a1 motor with 40k on it a new YS1 cable trans and new clutch with less that 1500 miles on it, new tires, header, spoon test pipe, custon cat-back, cold air intake, grounding kit, ugh, some other shit, its a 93 Gs, has all options, everything works except the a/c has been deleted, its a 5spd of coarse, and yeah, it gets about 35mpg in town if i drive like an old person...about 30mpg if im hauling ass...i want to get another iroc-z, so yeah, anyone who wants it, haha let me know!
I wish I could drive a stick man ! I def. take you up on your offer ! but I can't I suck haha