Harness for motor swap...?

I have a 91 DB1 that I am swapping an LS/Vtec into. My car is obd0, my bottom end is obd1(94 LS), my ecu is obd1(p28-chipped on Crome for now, possibly Hondata), and my head is obd2 (jdm b16- not sure if its obd2a or obd2b). Am I going to need more than a jumper harness for the ecu to make it run correctly? Will the head being obd2 cause a problem? As you can tell, Im not very comfortable with wiring.

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
honestly i think you will be fine with just a jumper harness/ obd0-obd1 conversion harness....get the one from boomslang

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Yea pretty sure you should be fine just as long as you have a obd0-obd1 ecu jumper and switch your dizzy to obd1 also.

honestly i think you will be fine with just a jumper harness/ obd0-obd1 conversion harness....get the one from boomslang
Boomslang? I had only heard of Rywire. I just checked them out. Looks like a reputable company and a quality product. Thanks
Yea pretty sure you should be fine just as long as you have a obd0-obd1 ecu jumper and switch your dizzy to obd1 also.
The boomslang harness page lists an obd1 or obd2 distributor. I guess both will work. But I will need a 4 wire o2 sensor. Thats no big deal.

Last edited:

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Boomslang? I have only heard of Rywire.

Is there any major wiring to be done to make the switch? Are the connectors the same? Or am I going to be soldering up a few wires.
They make a dizzy plug and play jumper to similar to what they make for your ecu.

I just called Boomslang and talked to their tech guys. Apparently the harness is compatible with both obd1 and obd2 distributors.