91 b16a2 turbo w/fuel cut please help

not sure havent got the car yet and guy hasnt called me back with the answer for all i know it could have a aftermarket standalone system in it already
You should find out. If you're running a turbo on a stock ecu and map, thats not very bright.

Im not trying to call anyone in particular out here, but it seems to me that some people think that they just bolt a turbo in place of their old header and "poof"... instant power. They neglect the other supporting mods necessary to safely make power, i.e. fuel system, engine tuning, etc.
Also, I see this happen less in the Nissan and DSM community than in the Honda. I understand that Nissan and DSMs both have turbo systems set up from the factory, but I still see less neglect when boosting the car by the Nissan and DSM following. Too many times Ive seen some kid with a boosted LS swapped into something(Eg, Ef, etc) and when I ask what EMS he is using the reply is " stock ecu". At the very least get a p28 chipped and tuned on CROME. Its inexpensive and there are a lot of people who can tune on it. Its not as good as Hondata, but then again its much better than s stock b16 map to support a boosted motor. Its just not a safe way to make power.
/end rant.

TNethan

Call RC engineering, they are real good about listening to what you have and helping you get the right injectors. And you only need a Hondata s100( the cheap one), with a nice tune , you will be set, and can always adjust for upgrades later.

heykosal

Angkorian
You should find out. If you're running a turbo on a stock ecu and map, thats not very bright.

Im not trying to call anyone in particular out here, but it seems to me that some people think that they just bolt a turbo in place of their old header and "poof"... instant power. They neglect the other supporting mods necessary to safely make power, i.e. fuel system, engine tuning, etc.
Also, I see this happen less in the Nissan and DSM community than in the Honda. I understand that Nissan and DSMs both have turbo systems set up from the factory, but I still see less neglect when boosting the car by the Nissan and DSM following. Too many times Ive seen some kid with a boosted LS swapped into something(Eg, Ef, etc) and when I ask what EMS he is using the reply is " stock ecu". At the very least get a p28 chipped and tuned on CROME. Its inexpensive and there are a lot of people who can tune on it. Its not as good as Hondata, but then again its much better than s stock b16 map to support a boosted motor. Its just not a safe way to make power.
/end rant.
LOL x2!!!:rolf:

91b16a2teg

just a question y are the fmu's bad? i dont know much about honda motors or swaps aslo y should i get ride of the fmu?

heykosal

Angkorian
You don't even know what you're car is running?

An FMU is not good fuel tuning because all it does is up the amount of fuel to your stock(i'm assuming) injectors. This could fry your injectors as well as your fuel pump which isn't up to the task of flowing all the extra fuel.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I hope its not OBD2, OBD2 sucks. I hope they converted the car and motor to OBD1. Not even sure a company makes a jumper harness from OBD0 to OBD2

patrick4588

Integra God
i read the whole thread, but even after this far, one thing still has me going huh?? are you sure its a fuel cut at whatever rpm it was? turbo and fuel cut should not be used. if you have a rev limiter setup, it should be an ignition cut. you can seriously blow some shit up FAST cutting fuel in a turbo application

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
just a question y are the fmu's bad? i dont know much about honda motors or swaps aslo y should i get ride of the fmu?
Yes they are bad. they are a cheap, dangerous and very inaccurate way to add extra fuel to accompany the pressurized air
also wouldn't the motor be obd2 since its out of a 99 si? not sure jw
Yes, a 99 B16 should be OBD2B unless it has been converted. Check the code on the ECU
if you have a rev limiter setup, it should be an ignition cut. you can seriously blow some shit up FAST cutting fuel in a turbo application
Correct^

NEVER use a fuel cut rev limiter setup on a boosted or n2o car. Hell it's better to even get rid of that on an N/A car. Cutting fuel at any RPM is dangerous, much less up high with boost on top of it

That_sick_LS

hey all I am actually looking at trading my car for this car, it is NOT a 99 Si motor it IS a B16A. so it is an OBD0 and the fuel only cuts out if you are stomping on it, if you half throttle the car you can take it all the way to 8grand like suppose to be able to other than when you get to third gear I believe I am getting the car gonna look to get some DSM 450 injectors and as soon as i get more money I would get rid of that FMU and get a standalone system gonna check the local shops to see what tuning systems are around and what not I know hondata is normally a good way to go but might be able to get an apexi safc for a decent price but gonna look around than get tuned, lol good READ huh?
So should this fix my fuel cut problem? Thanx

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Does this car have a one wire O2 sensor? Also invest in a wideband, very important gauge for a turbo.