Bad Smoke Issues...

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
Bad Smoke Issues...**UPDATED**

I Have a type r b18 and it is smokin really bad now and just seems to get worse... any ideas on what it could be? I Already changed the oil, cleaned my filter and the spark plugs.... it does not seem to have a bad head gasket... or any oil leaks... well other than the natorious honda oil leak by the vtec sylinoid, but that is a drop like every 4 hours of constant driving... so barely any. thanks in advance... :thumbup:

Last edited:

Pat

SlowDsm
and black is fuel.

do a compression and leak down test to see if the motor is shot.
________
Herbal grinder

Last edited:

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
***UPDATE***okay it is black smoke... and everything seems to check out but i took a long road trip this weekend to try and find wifey a new car, the total freeway trip is approx 600 miles... plus the lil bit of town driving we did... the trip up i went though a quart of oil that i had to replace when i got there... and almost another quart when i got home... its burning oil bad but no leaks in radiator, no oil drip anywhere, Im So Lost Right Now!!!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well i'm glad the radiator isn't leaking oil.

You should replace your vtec solenoid gasket, that's probablly where your oil is leaking from.

As for the black smoke, I would try changing your fuel filter, and putting some octane booster in it to maybe burn some of the crud out.

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
i said my radiator was not leaking... someone mentioned sonmething about that being the problem but i did not think that had anything to do with it.. that is y i mentioned the radiator, and i have tried sea foam, octane boost, and even smoke reducer... helped a lil but not much

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
what's smoke reducer?

How's your gas mileage? notice anything different?
Did it smoke the entire trip? Does it smoke all the time? does it only smoke when you're railing it? details..

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
It Did Make The Whole trip and as for gas mpg i was getting like 20 mpg on the freeway keep in mind the motor and all the things done is completely un tuned... but on the trip i got like 32 mpg... it smokes really bad when im in v-tec but still smokes just reg driving, and smoke reducer is a very thick oil adative...