Looking to Buy... Advice/What to look for

CamaroSpeedRace

Hey everyone..... I'm looking to buy an Integra LS SE, GS, or GSR (haven't made up my mind yet), and wanted to get some first hand testimonials about your integras. I'm trying to figure out what model would be good for me, and what year. I definitley want the car to be a 96 or newer, but after searching it doesn't look like they made any changes besides the body?

Fuel economy and reliability are very important to me, but I also like the idea of the GSR's vtec on performance. I know it takes premium, but does it still get good gas mileage (25/31)?

Basically, if you could just give me a run down of your reliability issues and fuel economy, or any other issues that changed in different models and years - that would be most appreciated. I'm located in Wisco too.... if anyone around here is selling their cars let me know!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The GSR does still get good gas mileage. I used to average around 30 give or take depending on how I drive. The engines didn't change except for a few minor things. The only differences from year to year is going from OBD1 to OBD2a then to OBD2b. The GSR header did change from year to year though. The 94-99 GSR header is shorter than and different from the 00-01. But the performance isn't affected by that. Those are really the only changes to the powertrain from year to year. The rest is all exterior changes. The headlights, mirrors, bumpers, tail lights and front corner lenses changed as the years went on

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
I vote GSR of course I'm going to say that because I have one, but if you've got the choice obviously the gsr will be the better platform to start and it still does get good mileage I average right around 300 miles/tank but i also drive it like it's the last day I'll have a license.

Campanelli

OMG it has VTEC?
Fuel economy and reliability are very important to me, but I also like the idea of the GSR's vtec on performance. I know it takes premium, but does it still get good gas mileage (25/31)?
I get about 360+ miles on a tank(like 45 dollars premium gas) and thats with flooring it alot they get really good gas mileage.