Air Filter??

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
Here's my dilemna I hope someone relates...I have AEM cold air intake and I went to replace the filter but the one I got and it's pretty standard but there's a part of the car that wont allow the filter to get onto the end of the intake pipe, it has to be some weid filter with a longer neck or something, anyone else have this problem??? I had to take my intake apart of the bypass valve and throw the filter on there for now, but I don't like short ram I wanna put it back but I can't find a filter anywhere like the one I took off.

Anyone delt with this?

patrick4588

Integra God
yeah, aem sells filter in short neck and long neck. you just need to find the long neck version. personally i would leave it a short ram, but its your car

heykosal

Angkorian
Take the old filter to your local autoparts store maybe they'll have a matching AEM or K&N in stock.

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
yeah, aem sells filter in short neck and long neck. you just need to find the long neck version. personally i would leave it a short ram, but its your car
Why would you leave it short ram? I do live in Washington which is why I was trying to find a comptech but other than water is the any real benefit from having a short ram?

patrick4588

Integra God
Why would you leave it short ram? I do live in Washington which is why I was trying to find a comptech but other than water is the any real benefit from having a short ram?
short ram will give you more top end compared to a cold air which is more midrange. no chance of hydrolock, and you wont need a new fitler

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
short ram will give you more top end compared to a cold air which is more midrange. no chance of hydrolock, and you wont need a new fitler
so I shouldn't worry about it sucking in rediculous hot air, I know the dc header will help with the heat a bit but still...

patrick4588

Integra God
there have been a few tests on the actual temp difference, and while driving its only like 1 or 2 degrees.

Spody02

Name: Cody
there have been a few tests on the actual temp difference, and while driving its only like 1 or 2 degrees.
X2
heard this before
you should just got cai

BUT i live in washington too!
i'm like 35mins away from seattle
i have no idea where your at

96GotSomeRice

i Hate ricers.Keep it OEM
theres not much temp difference between cai and short ram, 1 and maybe even 2 degrees difference give or take...it depends on what your looking for top end or mid range...short ram for top end, cai for mid range....why would you take a chance on sucking up water into your motor with a cold air, your just spending more money on a cai that will most likely lead to hundreds maybe even thousands dollars of damage to the motor...just get a short ram......

DD-05 Civic LX (K20 Frankenstein sleeper)
WEEKEND WARRIOR- 96 GSR (FULLY BUILT N/A)