plans for the DA

bobbyteenager

alright this summer i am selling fireworks and will be geting a good sum of money for it. about 7 grand.

so i am still trying to figure out what to do with my motor...

orginial plans where 1.8 ls/vetc

but i am been thinkin about different routes for my motor.

i think i have narrowed it down to two options

2.2L LS turbo (using a BC stroker kit) with port and polished head, and cams..along with other head work.

or a stock gsr 1.8L turbo.

i know there are a bunch of threads like this but...

any comments, opinions, flamming are welcome.

91integraracer

Im lovin it
i would just reinforce the engine and turbo it and keep the boost a lil low so u dont blow anything up. thats what im doing with me DA cuz ls/vtec isnt all that reliable from what i ve heard

jason_guy_yeah

i would just reinforce the engine and turbo it and keep the boost a lil low so u dont blow anything up. thats what im doing with me DA cuz ls/vtec isnt all that reliable from what i ve heard
If you're going above 7k rpms on stock pistons and rods, then yeah I don't think it'll be that reiable. And the r/s of....

91integraracer

Im lovin it
just turbo the motor u have. if u wanna run high boost, strengthen everything turbo it, put some money towards the brakes and suspension cuz it would suck to not be able to stop ur teg. and if u have some cash left, some fresh paint and if u dont have it yet some tints. that probably more than 7 grand but thats how i would do it
1. turbo it
2. bigger rotors and better brake pads
3. lowering right so it has the right stance
4. cosmetics.

91integraracer

Im lovin it
do u have any pics of the teg??? whatever u do with the motor, make sure u leave some $$ for brakes. since u probably already have 4wheel discs just upgrade the rotors and pads at least

wite2nr

whatever you do buy everything at once, because money goes quick. the last thing you want is to have 7/8 of the parts for an LS/Vtec or 2.2L motor and decide to go a diff route. If I were you, I would...

Buy a fresh new motor swap (GSR, or ITR if you really got that $$$ and want to) and build a N/A, as it is for DD. That way, if you ever blow the motor, or if you decide you boost it and something goes wrong, you still have the LS to throw back in to drive, or when you sell the car throw back in the LS and keep the swap for another car.