V-AFC VTEC Engagement

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
So I got around to reading the boring technical manual for the VAFC and figured out how to adjust my VTEC engagment. It was set at L -> H: 5000rpm and H -> L: 4900rpm, so just for the hell of it I lowerd it to L -> H: 3500rpm and H -> L: 3400rpm. After I took it up the street and back to see what a difference it made i set it back. It was pretty wierd hearing it engage that low.

Anways I was just wondering what a good engagment point would be to set it at. I know it usually is in the mid 4k to mid 5k range but just wondering if anybody else changed theirs.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
EDIT: I wouldn't exactly call your car high performance either.

you have a vtec head, exhaust system, and an intake....

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
if you still have a stock intake manifold, there is no need to move it
I wouldn't use that as a general rule.

He has a high compression LS/VTEC, some would call that "high performance", so wouldn't. I don't see any aftermarket cams listed.
You should have already had this engine tuned, you can't turn a B18B into an LS/VTEC without touching the ECU. I'd leave everything alone. It should be running at peak performance as it is unless you've changed something since it was last tuned.

patrick4588

Integra God

He has a high compression LS/VTEC, some would call that "high performance", so wouldn't. I don't see any aftermarket cams listed.
You should have already had this engine tuned, you can't turn a B18B into an LS/VTEC without touching the ECU. I'd leave everything alone. It should be running at peak performance as it is unless you've changed something since it was last tuned.
95% of the time, if you have stock cams and stock IM, it doesnt need to be moved

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa

yeah i put it back to the original settings after playing with it. cams and cam gears are coming next. not sure what IM to get though

jdm jon

for all motor apps. vtec is better/good around 45/5500 RPM...........for boosted cars vtec is better at lower RPMS to compliment and aquaint the spooling action, so go figure around 3500/4500 RPM would be good.

my 2 cents.