dc sports header

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Well badbiddy sorry for the wrong info I guess we both learned something new today.

heykosal

Angkorian
Ceramic will take heat better, but is a lot more fragile than steel so won't stand up to any impact.

Polished Stainless FTW!!!!

I got one you can buy if you want. 4-1

Bizkit64

Yo?
DC headers are awful (family experiance)... Brother had one in his EM1 and it peeled and looked like shit when we toke it off it gathered up a shit load of carbon build up compared to some other ones I've seen... When we did the K-swap he bought a K-series DC sport header just so he can drive it... Had awful fitting problems... even when it was flexible a little bit at the end... I've just always thought of them to be cheap ass header(s) (no offense)

In fact yesterday I bought a Hytech replica tri-y header makes great power, good deal. Got mine for 325 shipped with the extension since he had 2 left he had to get rid of. Plan on heat wrapping it when it comes in.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2052395

Few people on Honda Tech sell them

Last edited:

Bizkit64

Yo?
Heres a dyno of a bone stock usdm ITR 2000 motor with a shortram comptech intake

Blue is the stock USDM Header
Red is the Comptech header
Green is the Hytech Replica...

The comptech decreased performance (which I'm thinking is about the same quality as the DC Sports)

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
ss is way better ceramic header.ceramic is a weaker materials.the flex from ur motor cant snap them it happen to rsx's all the time. i was alway told to het motor mount insert with them.

Last edited:

tilegend

ss is way better ceramic header.ceramic is a weaker metal.the flex from ur motor cant snap them it happen all the time in rsx i was alway told to het motor mount insert with them.
Ceramic will take heat better, but is a lot more fragile than steel so won't stand up to any impact.

Polished Stainless FTW!!!!

I got one you can buy if you want. 4-1
ummm... do you guys really think that headers are made of ceramic? ceramic is the coating... not the material that the headers are made of. DC Sports ceramic headers are made of mild steel with the ceramic coating on the outside. Stainless steel headers on the other had are made of 304 stainless steel. ceramic is way too brittle for the application use of a header... think of your mom's china dishes.

ceramic coated mild steel is suppose to retain the heat better... hotter gases also affect the exhaust flow. mild steel can still rust so if the coating flakes off you'll have problems or if you're slammed and bend the pipes it'll start oxidizing.

stainless steel wont rust and it usually lasts longer

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I think you should do a search first and do a lot of research. DC are considered the "budget" or in my words shit headers.

Spend money on quality parts and don't cheap out.

If you're going to do it...do it right. (The first time...it'll start getting very expensive if you start switching out parts)